Adjusting to new laws

John1599
Level 4
Kerry, Ireland

Adjusting to new laws

Because of new laws regarding short term/holiday lettings in Ireland I need to change the focus on our listing to a corporate/executive one. The bulk of our guests have hitherto booked two to seven night stays. Now the listing must target guests who need a place for more than fourteen nights and less than six months. Is there a way to be listed so that only this type of guest will see our listing, thereby focusing on only our relevant potential guests ? Does AirBnb have a special section or listings that specialize in longer term accommodation? Surely, with many such constrictions being introduced in many international jurisdictions, there is a need for a separate set of listings, that accommodate these particular circumstances ?

Judging from the statistics given for the number of viewings of our listing in any one month I suspect that probably almost all of these people are not looking for longer stays as required in our area under the new rules since the 1st July last.

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@John1599   You are now targeting a different market, right?  Perhaps you could figure out why people would stay longer without being a permanent tenant.  Would your listing be close enough for someone with business or school activities in Dublin?  If so, do you have business or school related amenities?  

You can set a minimum stay for 2 weeks and set your booking window for 6 months.  That would keep people with shorter stays or longer stays from seeing your listing.  Also, be sure to become familiar with the Air BNB policies for long term stays as both the payout and cancellation is different.  If you do not already have weekly and monthly discounts, you might want to add those as well.

Thanks Linda for your input. I have already had some bookings for three week stays from a Polish company who send their guys to fit elevators here. We are a bit remote from schools and colleges. 
In this jurisdiction a tenant gets a legal right to extended leases if they manage to exceed a six months stay,  something that wouldn’t suit us. 
I suspect that guests rarely apply the filters, to home in on a suitable match to their needs, or, as experience shows, read our listing details beyond the location and price.

I have had good experiences with AirBnb and intend to continue with them, but had hoped they had a dedicated platform for longer stays.