Advance notice for check in

Advance notice for check in

Hi all. I thought when I'd set up my account that I'd ticked a box saying the earliest a guest could book was 3 days in advance... but I've just had a request for a booking starting tonight, and now can't find this box to see if I did indeed check it. Anyone know where I can find this?

Thanks 

4 Replies 4
Brian0
Level 2
San Carlos, CA

Hi Alasdair,

It's under Calendar -> Availability Settings on the website.

There's also a checkbox underneath it for Instant Book hosts like me: I can allow a guest to *request* a booking with zero notice, but they can only *instant book* with advance notice.

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello @Alasdair3,

There is also the possibility that  your three day notice was clicked, but that it turned off at some point on its own.  I have seen people comment here that Instant Book was turned on when they knew they hadn't done it, blocked dates opened on their own, and other weird changes have happened as well.  Perhaps the airbnb ghostie?  Who knows..

My solution is to run down my listing weekly or so just to check all my settings/prices/availability.  Doesn't take much time, and better safe than sorry.  

I have at least 1 day notice checked, but today just tried to search in the area to see if my listing comes up for tomorrow, and sure enough, there is my listing.  I thought this setting is to automatically block my date if it's within 24 hours of my check-in time.  Now I am afraid I will be getting bookings when I require a day's notice.  Ugh...

Lorie, since tomorrow is 1 day from now, doesn't it make sense that today is 1 day's notice for a checkin tomorrow? (1 day notice is based on calendar days, so it's not exactly 24 hours.)

It sounds like you want 2 days advance notice if you want to prevent people from booking the same or or one day before checkin.