Advertising / Promoting Listings

Robin129
Level 10
Belle, WV

Advertising / Promoting Listings

If this has been discussed elsewhere I apologize for starting another thread. I searched the community and didn't find an answer to my particular question.

I want to advertise my listing in a print magazine that is distributed throughout my state, primarily to tourists. I contacted Airbnb through Twitter and asked if I could use the Airbnb logo in the ad, as long as I use the Airbnb url to my site. I was told no, it violates copyright and TOS. 

My question is, how have you successfully advertised or promoted your listing? I can still do an ad, but not having the logo when I am a verified host seems like it would hurt. 

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Robin129 

you don't need their logo to advertize. Imagine if you are listed on 10 or more booking websites. Would you use 10 logos on your ad? Probably not. You can print your address, contact phone no, email address, url to your own website or whatever you want to publish and then you can just write down that guests can book your place through Airbnb (give your ABB url) or directly 

Yes, I understand how to create ads, business cards, and such. My question was how have others successfully advertised or promoted their listings? 

Right now I want to target Airbnb users, so using the logo was the draw, but since I can't use it I'm wondering how others get the word out about their listings. 

Honestly I have no desire to have 10 other booking sites. I might consider two or three, but no more than three. 

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
Welcome0
Level 10
Hicksville, NY

How do I get my 2 BR apartment advertised in corporate listings? I have already purchased a Smart lock, but have not installed it. There are many firms in my area. Any suggestions? 

Richann0
Level 4
Dunnellon, FL

This is what I have been thinking about as well and wondering what is Airbnb's policy about advertising my Airbnb listings outside of their Airbnb website, sharing my ABB listings url. My interest is in putting my listings on Google Map, so that those who are looking for lodging and aren't familiar with Airbnb might find me, and get introduced to Airbnb, and as well, book. Is this against Airbnb policy? And if so, I would like to understand their reasoning.  I've become a "Local Guide" on Google Maps and my reviews and photos are getting a lot of attention, and every time I think about that I think why not put my Airbnb Host Home on there too, so that others looking for things to do, places to eat, and lodging can see there's other options besides hotels and motels and also review me there.