Advertising with local hosts

Advertising with local hosts

I am a manager at two urgent care clinic with two locations central west coast of florida. I wanted to see what the thoughts were in the community on having locol hosts have our information (Rack card /Buisness card) avaiblable to guest during their stay in the event they need medical attention.  

I have seen that some hosts have information on local restaurants and events and I thought that this would be a great addition. 

What are you thoughts as to reaching out and making that happen to hosts in my area.

Thanks for the feedback.

Shala

7 Replies 7
Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

Hi @Shala1, I don't know what you mean by "advertising" unless you are charging for it.

However, having your urgent care information easily available (part of the House Manual?) is a GREAT idea.  Super idea.

As an aside, for hosts, if you are interested in hosting family of a patient who is in hospital, make your site available to that facility.  (Most hospitals do not have residence accommodations for friends/family.)

Kim

By advertising I meant having our information avaiblable to visitors. House manual.....that sounds perfect. How would I initial that for local hosts?

Thanks for your help and feedback!

Shala

@Shala1

First, get rid of the "Advertising" part of your post.  If you're not charging $ for sharing your location, you're not advertising.  Sharing this is simply a service.  Always good to know where to go if there's been an accident.

Next, how are you part of this forum?  You should be able to look up properties near your urgent care centers.  (This is stuff we all want to know.)

I would ask our forum moderator @Lizzie0 for a little direction on this one? 

Best,

Kim

Kim
Karen-and-Will0
Level 10
Maryland, United States

@Shala1 As a nurse I think having urgent care center info in my 2 places is very important.  I specifically chose a local urgent care that also offers onsite x-rays to make it easier for my guests that might need it.  Their info is posted on the fridge and in our house manual/binder.  I would suggest you look and see if there is a Home Sharing Club in your area.  Look under the “Discuss” tab for more info on ones in your area.  Advertising isn’t normally allowed on the Community Center however maybe the moderator(s) of the club in your area could be contacted directly and help spread your message.  Hope this info helps.

@Shala1 This is an excellent point. I have an Urgent Care magnet on my fridge and also flyers available as well as contact info in my House Rules folder.  Often people in strange surroundings are not as careful where they are walking or what they are doing and will frequently have accidents. This info for Emergency Care is more important than restaurant take out or entertainment. 

I placed the local clinic in my guidebook.

Sasha99
Level 1
Bridgetown, Barbados

Did you get an answer to this? I would also like to know as I have a taxi business and waould like to find ways of getting guest to contact me for a cab through host