Advice on calendar pricing.

Mirella51
Level 2
Moab, UT

Advice on calendar pricing.

Hi there, 

I'm hoping to get some tips on how to set my calendar pricing for the year. I currently have five listings, I want to put it my prices for the year to reflect the events we have going on in our tourist town. I only allow guests to book three months in advance so I'm curious if there is a way to set the pricing even though dates further than three months arent able to be booked yet??

Looking for any suggestions. 

Thank you, Mirella

5 Replies 5
TracieandJason0
Level 8
Philadelphia, PA

@Mirella51 I don't think you can. You will just need to be cognizant of holiday dates as they become available in your 3-month time frame and adjust those prices accordingly. Otherwise you can just open up your time frame to more than 3 months. 

Thank you. I try not to book more than 3 months in advance so I can accomodate large groups for events. I was hoping there was a way around booking further out. I appreciate your help!

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@TracieandJason0 I have a 3 month calendar window, but I went through my whole calendar up until the end of next year and manually updated the pricing for peak periods: Xmas and NY 2018, Valentines, Easter and all UK holidays up to Xmas and NY 2019.

You can adjust the pricing of your days even if the days are blocked by your booking window- they’re blocked to give you control and prevent guests from booking, not to prevent you from managing your calendar.

Xmas and NY this year and Valentines 2019 became open to book at the prices I manually inputted earlier in the year with no issues!

Best wishes 

Paul 🙂 

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Mirella51 What @Paul1255 says is correct. Something else that I do I set the default price high, so if days come online and I'm not sure what I want to charge yet, it defaults to worst-case scenario.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Mirella51 You should also be aware that there are guests who are "calendar vultures": they'll look for places to stay exactly 3/6/9 months out to try and catch out hosts who have forgotten to update their pricing. It's something that's advocated by Airbnb tips sites, and definitely something to watch out for.