Advice please: Guest wants a full refund after staying for 8 days due to cleanliness issue

Advice please: Guest wants a full refund after staying for 8 days due to cleanliness issue

Hi All, I have a guest who just checked out today after 8 days of stay. I am surprised when I got a request from him today (after he has checked out) asking for a full refund due to minor cleanliness issues. 
If he had contacted me during his stay, I would definitely have sent my cleaners again to clean the place or fix any issues that he was facing. Before replying to his request, I would like to ask for advice on how to deal with this situation. Will Airbnb force me to provide a full refund?

33 Replies 33
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Sarah977  Reminds me of 'The Traveler's 10 Commandments - Brownell 1963 

https://www.brownelltravel.com/blog/travelers-ten-commandments/ 

Although there is a policy on Airbnb that says guest must raise any issues within 24 hours of check in to obtain a full refund, Airbnb still contacted me today asking me to justify myself as a host on why I have declined the guest’s request for full refund. I’m fuming on how Airbnb is handling this, as they are always siding the guests. 

@TheMelbourneHome0  I'd be fuming, too. Justification? Guest outright lied, in order to get a free stay, which you, Airbnb, seem to think is just fine. 

Exactly.

Shouldn’t Airbnb check against their own policy first?

The guest did not raise any of the issues until after he has checked out, which means he did not comply with the policy.