After editing a reservation, cleaning fee is no longer being charged

Brian37
Level 1
Chicago, IL

After editing a reservation, cleaning fee is no longer being charged

I haven't been able to find an article that specifically applies to this.  I have two long-term reservations that I've had to edit for one reason or another - with one it was to change the arrival date and another I can't recall now.  After editing the reservation, the cleaning fee is no longer being charged.  When editing the reservation there isnt' an option to include/exclude the cleaning fee.  I have a cleaning fee set to be charged on all reservations and it WAS included prior to editing on both, now it's gone.  One of the guests checks in tomorrow so I want to make sure this is fixed by their arrival.  Help! 

1 Reply 1

Hi @Brian37, this also happened to me. I thought I was making the price the same as it had been (it could have increased but the guest's company had change his plans at the last minute so I wanted to be nice). And I also noticed the cleaning fee is no longer there. I charge $100 because I have 4 beds/3 bedrooms so this is kind of a loss. However, I'm wondering that since the charge is exactly the same (which I set to be exactly the same as what I originally would have collected) then maybe it's kind of still in there? I'm not sure on the math. So yes, that's a bugaboo but maybe if you set the price exactly the same, you're still getting the cleaning fee even though it doesn't show. If anyone has any ideas about if what I'm suggesting is right or wrong I'd love to hear!