Aibnb is unfare with hosts

LuisCarlos14
Level 2
San José, CR

Aibnb is unfare with hosts

Why is unfare , because is using one hotel room rates to compare and promote sales of houses and apartments , There are big differences to be taught to every  guest.  One hotel room has one bathroom just one bed , if you offer a house , you have more areas ready for the guest, dinning room , Kitchem , Garage, Garden, living room , more than one bathroom, washer , dryer  , you are obligated to have tableware , alarm, cable tv, hair dryer, etc like a a 4-5 stars hotel ; big difference  for cleaning purpose,  any house has a lot more work to be done  than a single room .  I have been with Airbnb since two years ago,  Our house has 3 bedroms 2 bathhrooms , living room /sofa-bed , dinning room, kitchem , garage. In the middle of down town for $60 only , Airbnb is recomending $50 or less, these meas that for 5 guest , each guest is $10 per night is receivieng all of the above and allways asking more and more, being picky and demanding as if they were in a $120-180/night hotel.

I  know Airbnb needs sales ,also, we need to have customers to pay taxes and bills , but Airbnb needs to stop , educate and punish sometimes regular guests. Right now I fill squizzed by every guest and Airbnb as well, I am really thinking to quit Airbnb!! What do you think?

4 Replies 4
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I've yet to hear anyone say they take any notice of the recommendations, @LuisCarlos14. Ignore them.

Here in CR the site is always showing the smart price , and when you look  into comparison tool, are shown apts and hosues aplling the smart price which is  much lower ,also I  have checked pricing with local hotels , it si exactly the same as smart price.

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@LuisCarlos14 What you can do

(1) Ignore the pricing tips by Airbnb

(2) Send complaint feedback to Airbnb

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@LuisCarlos14 

you can turn off "smart prices" and set the price by yourself. Smart pricing is just for fools.

Ignore any recommendations, they are ridiculous.

My regular price is 50€ but for the experiment, I lowered the price for 1 particular day to 10€ just to see what Airbnb will recommend. And they recommended 6€!  For the entire summer!  😄  We all know that the lowest price we can set is 10€ so even if I want to I can't set it so low  😄 😄 😄