Air B and B service fees on guest cancellation

Air B and B service fees on guest cancellation

Hello, 

My guest booked using instant book. However after we both spoke a little we realised this wasn't right for him. I have a flexible cancelation policy - great. 

However when he goes to cancel it looks like he will be charged £500 air B and B service fee. 

I can see that he should be able to get the service fee back, and that the following reasons might be why he can't: 

• You cancel within 48 hours of booking
  • You haven’t already cancelled 3 reservations in the last 12 months
  • The reservation you’re cancelling doesn’t overlap with another reservation in your account
  • The total nightly rate is fully-refundable according to your host’s cancellation policy

he is within 48 hours. 

he hasn't cancelled 3 reservations in the last 6 months

The reservation doesn't overlap

the listing has a flexible cancellation policy

Any ideas? 

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I think the guest will need to contact Airbnb CS directly to deal with this, as it seems he should get the service fees back. There's nothing you can do about it from your end.

@Katie995

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Katie995 

The 48 hours free cancellation option is not part of the "flexible cancellation policy".

Guest can cancel for full refund at least 24 hours before the listing’s local check-in time (shown in the confirmation email).

BTW If the Service Fee is GBP 500,-,  then according to your listing booking is for approx 3 weeks.

Is your listing not clear or did the guests not read it ?

Why do people not sent an inquiry before booking instantly ?