Air BnB cancelled a booking

Joey218
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Air BnB cancelled a booking

Hi Everyone

I got a ping for ABNB telling me ‘Max’ had booked from 22/12 to 11/1 - a booking we desperately need as our calendars have been blocked for much of the year and our main business is in the music business!  Lucky! 

Then they sent me an email  - I am just worried that Air BnB are blocking visitors because of the Tiers etc - when we can maintain a totally contact free booking when required.

We’re reaching out because you were recently in contact with an account that was removed for violating the Airbnb Terms of Service.
Airbnb will never ask you to verify a listing or pay for anything outside of our site, through email, or through a third-party booker. If you sent money outside of Airbnb, you may have paid for a fraudulent reservation. Let us know what happened, and we’ll recommend next steps.
4 Replies 4
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

You may never know why your reservation was cancelled by Airbnb.  My guess is that it has nothing to do with tiers, but rather the guest is in violation somehow, like setting up a duplicate account, having a history of wanting to talk off-platform, etc. It also might have something to do with booking over the holidays because of fear of parties, although it seems severe to deny such a long booking since parties tend to happen with the shorter bookings.

Anyway, it’s annoying and frustrating that the culture at Airbnb seems to be to provide as little information as possible in the face of severe, unilateral decisions. I presume that has something to do with our lawsuit-happy world.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

That message indicates that the guest has been flagged for being some sort of scammer- either they have been trying to get hosts to deal outside of the platform (most likely what it's about, according to that message), maybe their payment method has failed, maybe they've been reported for trashing someone's house, who knows. In any case, believe me, you don't want this booking. If Airbnb interferes with a booking, it's usually for good reason, as their whole thrust is to get as many bookings as possible.

@Joey218

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Joey218  No point reading more into this than neccessary. You don't know the exact reason this booking was reversed, and never will. Airbnb did give you a solid clue though, in "account that was removed for violating the Airbnb Terms of Service. This means you dodged a bullet of some sort. 

Anthony223
Level 10
Portugal

We have had many attempts by guests to by-pass the system and pay cash and sometimes guests can get really upset when we refuse their offers.  I have recent issues of guests giving revenge reviews because I have refused to go along with their cheating.