Air BnB template changed ?

Di36
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Air BnB template changed ?

I have been going through the Community answers to various pertinent questions before I actually publish my property online, however I notice that a lot of the advice refers to features that I can't seem to access.

Is this because the template (at least in the UK) is different or been changed.

Some of the useful threads date from over a year ago and I just can't find the functions available now.

e.g.

Altering prices manually for seasons

Specifying guests changeover days (we only let for 7 days)

Cleaning fees.

Extra guests fees

Fees for dogs

Check out time

and probably other subjects I haven't come to yet !

Whilst the template looks good when you first use it there seems to be a lot that doesn't seem alterable.

This doesn't seem to be in my interests but rather in the interest of AirBnB

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hello @Di36  Kudos to you for investigating this platform before you publish your listing!  This platform is ALWAYS changing 😄  You are correct to notice that some postings are out of date with procedural advice.  There was a relatively change in where aspects of the listing were moved from one area to another for editing and took me by surprise so I had to educate myself all over again.

As to the present set up, Air BNB is always reviewing how information is seen by the traveler.  Both potential guests and hosts give feedback.  A good example is that hosts got unfairly rated lower by guests that had trouble with stairs even though that there were stairs was mentioned and/or pictured in the listing.  Now if there are stairs, the host has the option to include that information under the Rules section as things a guest must know and acknowledge while booking.  Not perfect but better information for the guest and better protection for the host.

Anyway, if you decide to list with this platform and have specific questions, the hosts on this forum will try to help.  BTW Air BNB does make changes in one region and not all regions which can be confusing here.  Also there is a difference between the device app versus the computer program 😛  Keeps you on your toes...