Air b n b has the final decision over our house rules?

Ming20
Level 2
Houston, TX

Air b n b has the final decision over our house rules?

My guest broke my house rules has over occupancy so I text guest to remind them the  house rules.  They call air b n b to complain say they want to check out early and get remanding days refund. I respond to BNB sure.  BNB came back said the guest changed their mind because they can not find anything cheaper so they want to stay.  And told me If I want to received the additional guest fees I have to provide, evidence, video and documents AND the guests have to agreed to pay.  So I said  because they dont follow the rules, I want them to leave as they have requested.   BNB threat me if  I cancel the reservation, not only I will get penalized as Superhost but also not getting paid at all for their stay.  BNB said according to the contract host signed we give BNB the power to make the final decision.  Does this make sense? 

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ming20,

Yes , it makes sense, as it is in the terms, which you accepted :

https://www.airbnb.com/terms

best regards,

Emiel

so what is the house rules for? If guest break the house rules and we can not do anything?  in my case, i can kick them out but not getting pay a penny? 

Marylea0
Level 2
Walnut Creek, CA

I am kind of new to this but I have had one issue with a guest, and Airbnb was quiet fair and thorough. I’m guessing, but if you are giving them the opportunity to pay the fee for extra guests and they refuse then they are indeed breaking the rules. Why not just ask and see what happens. You might be surprised that they just pay the fee. It’s kind of a big deal to kick someone out of their paid place to stay. 

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Ming20   just curious but, is this "over occupancy" in breach of any local laws you have? 

Ming20
Level 2
Houston, TX

my house rules ask for guest list and steaded only guests on that list are allow to stay including day visitors.