Air bnb turning off instant book setting as a penalty for cancelling- has anyone else had this?

Elaine219
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Air bnb turning off instant book setting as a penalty for cancelling- has anyone else had this?

After 3 years of reliable hosting, recently I had to cancel a couple of reservations that had booked through Instant Book. Air bnb forgave me (!) and didn't give me the usual penalties, which I was very grateful for, perhaps because they can see we work hard accmodating people in our home for about half the year: we are 'superhosts' with an average of 4.9 star reviews.

But the next time I get a reservation, I get a reservation request, and the message says that I am seeing this because sometimes Air bnd turns off the instant book setting if you have made a cancellation recently. Which I understand and I think is fair enough, but I wanted to understand how long this penalty will be there for, as it is drastically affecting our income and bookings, which we rely on. 

I went to support and was first told it was a techincal issue, and that it would be resolved but no-one could update me about it because the tech team doesn't do that and the person I was speaking to had to close the case in order to pass it on to the technical team, but I didn't believe it was a technical fault so I persevered. Then they said that it is an automatic setting and they have no idea when it will be taken off and cannot take it off manually, which I don't believe. 

Has anyone else had this issue? How long was it on your account? Was anyone able to give you more information than I have got? 

2 Replies 2
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Elaine219 posts on this subject started a couple of months ago, Silvia say's she found a way round it, although she's still on reservation requests so maybe not. Click the link to go to the post.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/hidden-fines-for-host-when-guest-uses-48-hour-grace-peri...

Elaine219
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks Jeff. Looks like its not easily fixed though 😞