AirBNB cancellation policy need improvement:

Keith88
Level 2
Portland, OR

AirBNB cancellation policy need improvement:

Why doesn't ABB have a more reasonable  option such as: full refund if before 30 days, then 50% up until 7 days.  As it is you go from complete freedom to cancel (moderate) to complete punishment the second your booking is confirmed (strict). 

3 Replies 3
Evelyn72
Level 2
Half Moon Bay, CA

Yes ia agree

This has become more importantly lately for me. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I've had a lot of cancellations in the past month or two. Guests are saying they found a lower price at the last minute. It seems, they are booking then hunting for last minute deals. I think you can always find an owner that has cut their price down at the last minute to fill some open days, and they are booking it. That just puts me in the same position of lowering my rate to fill in days. In fact, who knows - maybe some of the people booking my room at the last minute are doing the same thing to someone else.

Airbnb could really help hosts solve this by having different tiers of refunds. At least maybe a non-refundable amount we can set, like $100, that a guest is charged. That alone would maybe stop someone from hunting at the last minute.

I don't want to penalize people that have legitimate medical or family reasons to cancel, but when they are just blocking my calendar knowing they are going to search at the last minute, that isn't fair to hosts.

Instant booking can stop it,

but I had one cancel 2 days before “A 2 week booking” the friend had a cold 

I had strict,I got nothing back,didn’t even see the medical certificate.

they back wrote case closed.

Just call it keyboard warriors ,your not in touch with any one,.

thats the way we are going on this planet