AirBNB pay-out is rated 0 stars out of 5 stars!

Pamela895
Level 1
Cincinnati, OH

AirBNB pay-out is rated 0 stars out of 5 stars!

As a new Host and our first experience with AirBNB pay-out - we give AirBNB a 0 stars out of 5 stars!

We had our first renter on 11/22/2020 with the expectation of pay-out at time of renter check-in (BTW, VRBO pays Host 50% at time of reservation and 50% 30 days prior to check-in).  We received a notice that the pay-out was deposited, however, it went to an closed bank account in my Host profile (my fault for not removing closed bank account), not our opened default bank account.  So, I called and messaged AirBNB about the incorrect bank account and was told it is the banks problem.  I contacted PNC Bank and they returned the payment on 11/27/2020 with a Reurned Tracing confirmation number to AirBNB (documentation).  on 11/30/2020 called and messaged AirBNB- told to wait ten days; 12/10/2020 called and messaged AirBNB with all the PNC bank documentation of the Return Tracing #; 12/14/2020 called and messaged AirBNB again no resolution from AirBNB concerning our pay-out.  On 12/18/2020, we FedEx a package to AirBNB that was signed by J Jams on 12/21/2020 at 10:39 am with all the copies of the communications between AirBNB; Return Tracing document from PNC bank; letter from our business, Sunrise Dreams SC LLC asking for resolution of our renters pay-out.  No resolution or communication from AirBNB.  So, we called AirBNB on 1/4/2021 to check status of our pay-out and was told that the customer service rep will escalate our ticket to service team and that AirBNB does not receive payments. What? 

As of 1/5/2021, We, as Host, have not received our first renters pay-out from 11/22/2020... no resolution, no communication has lead to a Highly disappointed Host experience!  We are asking for assistance.

Pam and Mike **

**Sensitive information hidden

2 Replies 2
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Pamela895 Please remove your personal details while you are still able to edit your post. This is a public forum, and not ABB customer service.

my fault for not removing closed bank account”. Unfortunately, that statement is true. You can’t blame Airbnb for what happened.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Pamela895 

Pamela, I do sympathise with you but when you deal with Airbnb you have to understand the scale of the company. There are not myriads of people sitting at desks assessing which payouts should be released to which accounts.....it is done by computer program. On the 'Payout Preferences' section of your account you may have included new account details but, omitted to set those new details as 'Default'. One of your accounts would have been showing as Default, and that is the account that Airbnb would have released the funds to!

I agree that Airbnb support is not great and at times can be very frustrating to deal with but, you have to be very thorough with your account and don't work on the assumption that someone will sort it out just like that.

You will get paid, in over 400 reservations I have been paid for every one of them but, I sense from your post that your attitude is possibly now working against you!

The fastest way to get the brush off from support is to bounce them! They get their heads ripped off every day and everyones problem is more important than the next persons. Users demand a satisfactory resolution, and demanding is not the way to deal with support. Try to be as pleasant with them as possible, ask for their help, not demand it, and you may find it will get your case resolved much quicker.

All the best with this Pamela.

Cheers........Rob