AirBNB research being conducted by University of Canterbury is looking for hosts to interview...

Evan-and-Nisha0
Level 1
Christchurch, New Zealand

AirBNB research being conducted by University of Canterbury is looking for hosts to interview...

Hi everyone, 

Canterbury Uni is looking for AirBNB hosts to interview.  Here's your chance to have your say about the future of AirBNB in Christchurch and New Zealand.  They are looking for hosts to interview in person in Christchurch. They will come to you and record your interview and send you a postscript (if you want one).  This research has been commissioned by ChristchurchNZ Tourism board  and a few others organizations I think and will be used to make regulatory decisions.   

Below are the questions.  If you are interested then get in touch here:  *[Personal information hidden for safety reasons – to send a direct message here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

Peer-to-Peer Accommodation – Interview Protocol

1. How long have you been offering Airbnb accommodation?
  2. Do you have other experience in the accommodation sector?
  3. How often do you get bookings through the Airbnb website?
  • Do you list your property on other online sites (e.g., bookabach, booking.com)?
  • What is different/better about hosting through AirBnB?
  1. For how long do guests generally stay?
  2. What is the nature of the accommodation you are offering?
  • How many guests are you able to host?
  • Are you able to host children?
  1. Do the guests have exclusive use of the property during their stay or is the space shared with you?
  2. How much do you interact with your guests during their stay? (e.g., do you meet them and provide them the key)
  • What do you enjoy about the interactions with your guests?
  1. Why do you think that your guests prefer to use Airbnb rather than formal accommodation services?
  2. What type of travellers do you generally host?
  • Couples, Groups, Families?
  • International or Domestic travellers?
  1. What was the primary factor that motivated you to list a property on AirBnB?
  • Are there any other factors that motivate you to host through AirBnB?
  1. Tell me about your best/worst hosting experience?
  2. Tell me about what you enjoy/don’t enjoy about hosting guests through Airbnb?
  3. Do you have any security concerns when hosting guests?
  • What challenges do you think health & safety and compliance might pose in the future?
  1. Have you found any unexpected obstacles in your experience hosting through Airbnb? If so, can you describe those obstacles?
  2. What about any unexpected opportunities in your experience hosting through Airbnb?
  3. How do you feel about all the recent publicity Airbnb has been receiving?
  4. What are the most important benefits you get from participating as a host through AirBnB?
  5. Are there any other things you would like to share with me about your AirBnB hosting experience?

20. What ELSE should I have asked you about your Airbnb hosting experience?

1. Finally, do you know anyone else who is an Airbnb host who would be willing to speak to us?
0 Replies 0