AirBnB Experience: Can't reach guest to cancel or reschedule

Michiel24
Level 2
Hermanus, South Africa

AirBnB Experience: Can't reach guest to cancel or reschedule

Hi everyone. I don't really know what to do. I host an experience tomorrow, but due to weather I might have to reschedule or cancel. The experience is outdoors. The problem is that I can't seem to reach the guest. She hasn't replied to any of the messages I sent her so far. I sent her one when she booked, one to remind her of some important things regarding the experience and one the ask her about the cancellation/ rescheduling. I don't know how to reach her as I'm not given her other contact details like the case would be when a home is reserved. Thank you!

8 Replies 8
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Michiel24 I would call Airbnb and ask for their help. They have the guest's phone number and can try and get in contact directly on your behalf. The contact number is +27875503924.

Hope it works out for you.

Michiel24
Level 2
Hermanus, South Africa

@Alexandra316  Thank you very much for your advice! I appreciate it. I will call the number.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Alexandra316 !

@Michiel24 were you able to get this all sorted?

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Hi @Stephanie !

For some or other reason I completely missed this question. Sorry! Everything worked out really well, thank you! I contacted AirBnB to ask about it, they contacted her and then she reached out to me. We rescheduled for the next morning and everything worked out really well!

Thank you!

Michiel

Mike756
Level 1
Galveston, TX

I had guests ask to cancel and get a full refund due to the fact their planned fishing trip had rough seas the day before their arrival at my property. I offered them 1/2 back but they appealed to AIRB&B stating circumstances out of their control but basically it was a rain storm nothing else but AIRB&B intervened and gave full refund even though it was outside the moderate policy parameters. If a guest can cance at the last minute due to rain -beach rentals are goiing to be devastated. I am more than disappointed and concerned about their judgement. If they felt that strongly they could have provided the money for a refund rather than forcing me to to give up the entire payment back.

Please advice how I cancel a booking. I have been sick with Covid 19 & was completely unaware of the booking until this morning . please help!!!

Please assist as have been man down with Covid 19 & unbeknown to me a booking was made. The guest is now calling me multiple times today firstly to inform me of the booking, which I never agreed to or responded to having been sick. please help as she's asking me to cancel the booking so she can book elsewhere, but the system isn't allowing me to do so. PLEASE Help!!!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As you have Covid you should go into the booking and cancel choosing that you have Covid as an option @Daniel7865 

Then you can provide Airbnb with a copy of your diagnosis so you can cancel penalty free.

You need to remove IB or snooze your listing so you don’t get any more bookings you can’t accept.