AirBnB has permanently blocked dates on my calendar. How do I unblock these?

AirBnB has permanently blocked dates on my calendar. How do I unblock these?

I need to unblock dates on my calendar which AirBnB has permanently blocked. Help!

25 Replies 25
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hi @Daniela68  This happens when a reservation has been canceled by the host.  Is that the situation here? 

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

airbnb only block dates if you have cancelled a confirmed reservation.  These cannot be unblocked - it is a penalty for cancelling on a guest. 

If this is not the case, you can simply unblock on your calendar.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#M15139

Susan137
Level 2
New York, NY

I have the same problem.  The site said I could unblock the dates by sending a Special Offer, but it won't let me do that because the dates are blocked.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Daniela68 @Marit-Anne0 @Susan137 @Maria-Lurdes0

From what I have seen on this forum lately ABB has introduced a new penalty of blocking the dates in question for hosts who do not accept or decline a booking request within 24 h. If that is the case, then they will not be unblocked.

Thanks, Andrea.  That seems excessively punitive, especially for a successful Airbnb host, and also given that the guests would still like to book my apartment.  This policy hurts guests as well, since now they have to keep looking for a place.

It seems unecssary punitive as I expired reply time unintentionally and the guest is desparate to book x

@Andrea9 That isn't a new behavior. For some time, AirBnB has very clearly blocked dates if the host neglected to Approve/Decline an actual Booking request within 24 hours. The rules are different for Pre-Approval requests, requiring only a text-message response to count as the required response.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Dede0 thanks, I didn't know this isn't new. I never let a request slide, so have no personal experience with it.

The question popped up several times recently with one or two hosts explaining it to be a new feature, and since I honestly hadn't heard about the day blocking before at all from anyone either, assumed it was indeed a new penalty to get hosts to react.

Hi Dede,

Some of the dates my prospective guest is interested in is permanently blocked by mistake. I am a pre-approve type host,and I respond to this guest within 24 hrs. While we are still in conversation about certain details, the guest is still thinking. The I got  a message that her dates is permanently blocked. This is clearly a mistake, and now I can nto unblock it. Any suggestion?

i have responded to the guest but the dates are still blocked and so the guests are unable to book!

I sent the guest an email saying that I waiting on another offer, which is why I didn't accept or decline the request.  Now it is blocked and I can't reserve for the other renter. How do I unblock these dates. I did response directly within 24 hours, I just didn't hit accept or decline. 

I really don't like this new model. Is there a forum to post this as a host?

Lien0
Level 1
Brisbane, Australia

I was waiting for a confirmation for 78 nights and during this time an instant booking came in for 8 days and it got confirmed before I saw it . I did not know about the rules of cancelling but I did write a not to the instant booking explaining the circumstance and offer an alternative 

@Lien0 One more reason (among many) why I don't use Instant Booking and why I urge other hosts with only a listing or two not to use it. As far as I'm concerned, it's only appropriate for hosts who operate so many listings that, effectively, they're more of a hotel operation.

Kristin15
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Have you found the answer?