AirBnB is Unavailable and Unresponsive

Jason22
Level 7
Lexington, KY

AirBnB is Unavailable and Unresponsive

I've been a so-called superhost for a few years, but I also get roughly half of my reservations from HomeAway/VRBO. I have decided to switch my loyalty to HomeAway/VRBO due to AirBnB's lack of availability and responsiveness to issues and common-sense solutions, or even having any semblance of a customer service department. Why should AirBnB collect service fees from me and my guests when their operation is inferior to their competition (who, for example, is easily available by phone or e-mail 24/7)? In most basic terms, I will block my AirBnB calendar until a month or two in advance to ensure that HomeAway/VRBO gets the vast majority of my business moving forward. I encourage anyone else who feels similar to do the same. Perhaps they will begin to be available and responsive once they see a difference in their revenue stream.

171 Replies 171

I already send messages as my payout is still pending since June 2021. Why is there no response or a live chat

Barbara2667
Level 2
Knightsen, CA

Lack of Airbnb Customer Service. We are new to Airbnb after a 5 year hiatus. Our Airbnb is a Farm Stay on a working farm.
We received a request from our last guest to give her a $500 refund because our pool was not heated. The pool was not advertised as heated so I said no but since she washed all the linens and remade the beds I offered her the cleaning fee back. The guest asked Airbnb to get involved. 
In the interim we reviewed the guest with 3 stars and we would not host her again because I felt she was extorting us for the refund. It was worse than I thought. 
The whole time she was in our Airbnb the guest said everything was wonderful. The review popped up with a two star 200 word  rant of every complaint she could think to put in and personal disparaging remarks(I never met her), complaints of cleanliness and claims that we were using slave labor on our farm and had a migrant slave labor encampment. First only 2 people live on the farm. Our 2 employees live in there own home in a different town and are happy employees or they would work somewhere else.  Farm workers have many choices. The is no labor or otherwise encampment on our farm.

I filed a complaint with the same complaint the guest filed. Besides a lot of mean things the guest said about me personally (remember I never met her and only conversed with her via Airbnb and that was all cordial) she accused our business of illegal activities and illegal employment practices. 
Airbnb separated the two complaints and resolved the guest’s by paying her back the cleaning fee,but refused the heated pool complaint. We were reprimanded for uncleanliness, and said there is a bad mark on our listing. Meanwhile our complaint has not been resolved although it was “escalated “. Every customer service person I talked to said yes the review didn’t follow there rules but they couldn’t do anything and it had to be “investigated “. We put our listing on snooze. We are still waiting to here from anyone from Airbnb on our “escalated” complaint. 
The lack of customer service and Host protection from obvious extortion and pay for a review has us second guessing our decision. 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

As a Superhost you get a telephone number to call, do they not answer?

David

what superhost #? as far as i know there is only the 855 toll free #. it recognizes you as a superhost but its the same # for everyone

Mine is a 888 number, the one they send you every 3 months.

David

@David126   Where does a super host get this number?   I've been a super host for five or six quarters but have no idea where this number is found.  

@Karen77

It is on the email they send you telling you that you are a SuperHost. I do not remember seeing it on the first one, may have missed it, has been on the last 2. Also mentions twitter.

David

I don't get email notifications of SuperHost status.  Hmmm....

Hi @Karen77

Have you activated the option about "email notification from Airbnb"?

Abigail3
Level 4
Winchester, United Kingdom

Nor do I Karen! I just saw a little medal thing next to my photograph on my Aibnb profile one day but DEFINITELY didn't get an email letting me know!

Coincidentally, @David126, I had to call my special Superhost number today for the first time, and no there was nothing special about it.  In fact, all three phone numbers have the same exact response:  "Is your call about your current reservation?"  If you say, no, then all three phone numbers to Airbnb direct you to the Airbnb website.  I understand that Airbnb has grown leaps and bounds, but it has also recently made a major overhaul, and while I have always had excellent customer service when I DO get a response, they shouldn't lead Superhosts to believe that there is some special number just for us (as was explained in the welcome email), because there isn't.

@Lois-and-Darryl0, in Australia it is the same number, you enter your registered number and it gets answered by the second ring. I have rung a few times recently, same deal every time. Incidentally, the first time I rang them I couldn't work out how to enter my number so I waited over 25 mins before I hung up to go and learn how to do it. Then I rang back, entered number, instant response.

I'm considering doing the same. They are very unhelpful.

And why does one need to be a Super Host to be able to speak to a human being regarding a problem....? I just had a check in on Dec 6th... check out on Dec 9th and I still haven't been paid. I sent mails to all their ID's

express@airbnb.com.readnotify.com

service@airbnb.com.readnotify.com

response@airbnb.com.readnotify.com

and 3 ID's sent back a message saying mail ID doesn't exist ....

Are these people for real??? I don't care how big they have become but their services and help to hosts are abominal.

I now have another check in today Dec 09 to 15 and really don't know what to do about this as am sure same thing will happen

Sad as i really enjoyed working with them all these years but now I am seriously considering removing my listing