AirBnB to Cost Share supplies and mattresses

Andy611
Level 1
Hartville, MO

AirBnB to Cost Share supplies and mattresses

Looking to find where AirBNB might be offering SuperHost the opportunity of cost sharing. What I'm looking for is where AirBnB might team up with a mattress company and provide discount/co-market opportunity that would reduce the cost for Super Hosts. Seems like I could put a placard in the bedroom for advertising the mattress and maybe the mattress company would provide significantly reduced cost.

I've seen placards next to beds at the big hotels and know that they are not just doing that for free but have received significant discount to agree to market in the room.

This might also be true for couches, recliners, coffee makers and more. I guess it could include a linen company too.

I'm open to suggestions.

5 Replies 5
Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

That's a good idea! Maybe its a business you can develop? I see that there's a lot of people making a (good) living from providing services to Airbnb hosts. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Andy611  If I were a guest, I would find advertising placards next to things in a private home or room I booked to be offensive and crass. And I would never put something like that in my home.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I think this happened in the US before with a mattress company @Andy611 

As a superhost I will use products that I think work for my listing and my guests, not because I get a discount to use the product.

I also don't like the idea of having to have ads for products around my listing.

Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

Its not relevant for a small time host like me, but maybe for professional hosts? 

Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

I have only been hosting since June this year and so far things are going well.  I have a small leaflet stand in the house which contains details of local attractions and places to visit.  I have also put in there some menus and business cards of some local pubs should people wish to dine out, then they can make an informed decision.  In addition, there are leaflets offering other services including cycle hire, Physiotherapy for injuries and beauty treatments.  A local ice cream and coffee shop even keep me supplied in their signature coffee for guests to use.  This costs me nothing to provide but I think is a nice touch for guests and I no longer get messages and calls asking for recommendations.   I have had guests who have liked a particular item in the house ( a pair of Tiffany lamps ) and messaged me to ask where I got it from and even offered to buy! Perhaps a small card indicating that if a guest likes a particular item, they can message you to find out its origin and you can make a separate arrangement with the supplier regarding some kind of finders fee in the event of a purchase?