AirBnB why all this pressure on hosts to have just 5 stars??

AirBnB why all this pressure on hosts to have just 5 stars??

1.jpg

2.jpg

AirBNB why all this pressure on the hosts to have only 5 star ratings!!! especially when guests are not even aware that 4 star rating means BAD for airbnb..

when my overall stars dropped to 4.5 stars - i received an email from airbnb that they will pause my listing if it falls further - Unbelievable, it is not like i am getting 1 star!! and since then i never received a new booking

check my reviews - overall are good but somehow lot of guests still give 4 star rating - as for most of our guests 5 is for perfection - they still consider 4 as very good

also some guests are really difficult to tackle - so what is airbnb suggesting?? that we the host be their slaves as otherwise they give us a 1-4 star rating and then airbnb start harassing us they will pause our listing?

It seems that Airbnb people who came up with such decision are just desktop people with no idea of how difficult hosting can be!!

last time i received an sms at 2am in the morning from a neibghour complaining that guests are making lot of noise and if i dont stop them he will call the police! what should i do? not stopping guests as they might give me 4, 3, 2 or 1 star?

1 Reply 1

@Christabel-and-Rita0

The rating system and emails are run by computer bots. The rating system is primitive and deeply flawed.

I would just do your best at the moment and ignore the email warning for now...just keep trying to set high standards from your hosting position.

I am pretty sure there must be thousands of hosts with similar messages that are all doing OK really...do you think that AirBnb will pause them all, as the summer season approaches...they would be insane.