AirBnb refuse to let callers speak with a Supervisor.

William29
Level 3
United States

AirBnb refuse to let callers speak with a Supervisor.

AirBnb Customer Service is horendous.  And if you ask to speak to a supervisor, they refuse!  Amazing.  Of course they have bad service when they have no supervisor to answer to. 

AIRBNB IS THE WORST.

*Title edited*

36 Replies 36

I agree totally.  We are in a fight to do airbnb in our city and i was told we don't do enough business here for them to take time to help.  He sounded like he was 16 yrs old. I can't usually understand them as their English is poor.  I have asked multiple times for them to forward me to someone else, but they will not.  One last week was asking about my bank account.  I asked where he was from.  A call center in the Phillipines. A fellow bnber had guests set up a meth lab in her house and they were acting like it was no big deal.  They need to spend the money and hire some serious employees.  

They ask for the specific information to know it is really you.

Anyone could say your full name. Are you okay with everyone being able to discuss your account, and even change details and reservations?

Gina44
Level 2
Narragansett, RI

Sorry to say I have been experiencing a similar issue for 3 weeks now.   I had a guest check in and file a complaint about the property within 1 hour of check in.  I immediately contacted the guest and airbnb and got no communication from either for more than a day when the case rep from airbnb (Anastasia) finally responded and said all was ok.  She lied.  It wasnt' and as a result airbnb did npt pay out the full amount.  Since the client never responded to me either, I had no idea what I was meant to do to fix such problems, most of which were made up.  It took Anastasia 5 days to finally respond to me about what was really the problem and it was already too late as they had already enjoyed thier long weekend and checked out.  

I continued to insist to Anastasia that her customer service was lacking and she did not respond to me in a timely fashion, however she tells me the case is clesed and don't email her anymore.  

Oh no, no way.  Not until this issue is resovled appropriately.  No Way to treat business clients or customers. 

Costumer service is the worse. Again, they refuse to provide access to a supervisor. 

As an update, I was able to talk to a supervisor after being very persitent over the phone. I got my situation prompltly resolved and the person was very professional while helping me. I would invite you to try to access a supervisor over the phone (call them ) and just don't take a no for an answer. 

Michael460
Level 3
Woodinville, WA

And now with the latest offensive update to our policies we are expected to agree to forced arbitration. I loved Airbnb when I started. I hate them now. 

Agreed.... now I am stuck with months of reservations with them and if I don't agree then what do I do?

Its clearly a racket.

Joey35
Level 1
Portland, OR

Just had the same happen to me.  I've called several times and asked that they either assign me a new case manager or give me a supervisor.  This has been going on for a couple of weeks and I got an email today from the same caseworker who refused me a supervisor.  Airbnb is losing their charm!!

I'm very sorry to hear that.  It's usually really good.

Suzanne210
Level 2
San Diego, CA

I have had 54 bookings in the last year with Airbnb.  46 of those were 5 *. My acceptance rate is 100%. My response rate is 100%. My review rate is 100%

My stats show 82% 5* reviews in the last three years, yet yesterday I lost my Superhost status. I was stold that assessment ended October 14th. Yet now I am told assessment ended October 1st, thus precluding the 7 5* reviews I have received in October alone.

Renting a 6 bedroomed house with  pool and spa in San Diego accommodating 10-14 guests has provided many challenges over the last 12 moths. Under age guests, x rated parties, large rowdy parties until the early hours, police being called, burned my bridges with my neighbors. All through this Airbnb were for the most part not helpful in getting these guests out, I lost alot of money and the opportunity for good reviews in spite of the fact that I work diligently to provide a 5* experience in every way.  Disgruntled guests love to complain and best of all they lie.  Airbnb always take their side. I have taken action and steps to protect myself, my business, my property and the community.  I have a legal waiver that all guests must sign.  I have cameras installed outside. Now when somethng happens I have evidence.  I do not need permsiision from Airbnb to evict guests who break the house rules. Also I get paid.

The metric for calculating Superhost does not make sense comparing renting  a room to a whole resort like house.  I have to work so much harder for my whole house listing than my one room listings.  There was a leaf in the pool, the spa isnt hot enough, its cold outside, the propane bottle ran out, there are only 4 frying pans, we ran out of toilet paper.  Guests who stay one night with me generally arrive at 4 or 5pm, go out to the village for dinner come back around 9pm, go to sleep and leave at 10am.  I chat with them and offer a glass of wine. They usually enjoy their stay and write a 5 star review.

My mother rents rooms in the UK, in 2 weeks she had 11 stays, 10 5 star reviews, she made Superhost.  I have 90 stays and 80 5 star reviews and I dont make superhost.  Where is the incentive ? 

I have Airbnb systems are flawed and I am tired of fighting my corner.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Suzanne210 Hi Suzanne, yeah stats can be cruel!

You have a lovely listing and your guests adore you, you have a wonderful lot of reviews, you are the sort of host that made Airbnb great. You unfortunately lost that badge because of Daina, you had a host cancellation and I am afraid, that will do it every time!

It is such a pity, you don't deserve it.

The assesment which has just taken place was for the year ending September 30th and stays that happened in that year are the relevant stats. The reason notifications are not released until October 14th is to allow for reviews that may have been written for stays in the last few days of September to be received and posted and credited to a hosts profile. Those reviews do affect a hosts overall stats.....for good, or bad!

I only came across this post of yours Suzanne because this is a thread I was instrumental in some time back and I still get email prompts when threads I started or had a lot to do with become re-opened.

I now belong to the Experts group where I get paid to give advice on Airbnb matters, and Suzanne, if I ever see you come to our team with this superhost issue I will pass you on to a company agent for consideration!

Cheers.....Rob

Every time I brave the 30-45 minutes on hold to call airbnb I need something sophisticated, usually beyone the ability of the first level rep.

Then its another 30+ minutes before I can get a super to stop hiding behind the skirts of the level one reps and get on the phone!

Olga362
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

I had a guest change reservation to leave early (movie producer ppl) I accepted and there was an Airbnb glitch that would not allow me to approve the change. So I called and the agent I first spoke to said he would fix the situation and refresh the page. My guest told me he saw that the days were still blocked and that he needed to change reservation once again. So... I call Airbnb once again and the 2nd agent tells me not to keep accepting that she saw that I had tried to except change several times and she would transfer me to case manager. So now I’m speaking to case manager who Apologizes and tells  me that I also missed out on a 4 day req. she tells me she is going to cancel the whole thing and that she would fix this problem. However by guest is now gone but they show him like he is still there and now I owe Airbnb money.:/ I basically was hosting my next guest for free. Oh and did I mention she gave the case to another case manager. At the end of this I spoke to 2agents 3 case managers 3 supervisors and all admitted that it was airbnbns glitch/fault and the last supervisor did as well... but for some reason both my guest and I would have to pay for their system failure. Oh they also tried to put my guest against me. They failed to realize that we double lined them and my guest was in front of me for some of the calls. I showed them proof that I had done everything I was supposed to as did my guest. Then as if it that was not enough Cara (last supervisor) said it would a 225 charge to me. She went ahead and after the case was supposedly closed she added a 144.97 charge to me. When I called back a week ago I asked to have her call me and of course she did not. So I called again today and she told agent she would call me as soon as I hung up with agent. Three hours later I call again bc dear cara did not call and even though I ask for supervisor they can’t find who she is now so I threaten to reach out to higher up people and they suddenly transfer cara to me who then denies everything she had said. I told her I had proof and she then said she could no longer speak with me if I was recording her. I hung up when she refused to transfer me to her supervisor.

Accept* 

sorry I had to vent!! Do not know what else to do:(

Caitlin94
Level 2
Paris, France

This is insane!! I've been trying to get a hold of a supervisor since last Thursday. I finally get an email from a supervisor named Karee saying she will call me at 11am tomorrow, well I'm sitting here at 11 am only to get some dumb excuse email saying she won't be calling me and that they have to close the chat box because "The case is sensitive and we will reply by email later." EXCUSE ME? So my time is WASTED, I've been sitting here waiting for a call and I should just accept that? This is the most avoidant company I have ever encountered in my entire life!!!!