AirBnb refuse to let callers speak with a Supervisor.

William29
Level 3
United States

AirBnb refuse to let callers speak with a Supervisor.

AirBnb Customer Service is horendous.  And if you ask to speak to a supervisor, they refuse!  Amazing.  Of course they have bad service when they have no supervisor to answer to. 

AIRBNB IS THE WORST.

*Title edited*

36 Replies 36
Rosabeth0
Level 4
Hermosa Beach, CA

I was on the phone with a rep previously, and had to call back. The representative named MARTA refused to givve me a supervisor when I requested one! I asked her for her employee id so that I could reference her. She told me she could not give it to me as it is "confidential information." How can we then identify a poor customer service rep if we have nothing other than a name which may or may not be there person we are speaking with? 

Supplying you with additional information beyond their first name is something they just can't do. I wouldn't give my full details to an angry person either tbh

Brittany1
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@William29 @Rosabeth0

I'm sorry you've had bad experience with Airbnb customer service. I've seen other angry posts on here regarding their customer service but I have to say that I've had nothing but good experiences. Actually there was one time where it took a little longer than I wanted to find a solution but that was because I had to deal with multiple departments.

Maybe call back and try to talk with someone else? Have you ever had to call Comcast? Or a phone service rep? It's always miserable. But Airbnb agents are generally quite competent and helpful. Maybe you just got a bad one or a good one on a bad day.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@William29...Hi William, that is unfortunate that your experience with the help desk has not been good! Although not in your country, I have found them to be extremely helpfull, sometimes a bit inefective, but I can't fault their service and their desire to help....even when posting via Facebook!

Just a comment, if I may William, that may be a bit out of line! Your post here with reference to 'Scumbags' and 'service the worst' I hope was simply a statement on this forum and not the attitude you took with the help desk!! I have always found in this life a smooth, friendly, accepting voice gets you far further with other people than brandishing a big verbal stick. cheers....Rob

I'm a 100% sure that with that attitude he'll get nowhere.

You are so right!  I am ready to pull my head off my body they are so bad!

I have been on the phone with them going on 3 hours now and getting no where!  

Then they discoutect you and on and on.

They want all are info and they have it, but God forbid they give us a ID number or someway to trace and convercation or call  back to them.  This is NOT GOOD BUSSINESS AND NOT A WAY TO TREAT YOUR bussiness partneres

@Morgan19   I want to help you.  I am the BIGGEST fan of the Airbnb Customer Support System.  They have the best customer phone support out of 100 companies that I have personally had to call for this year 2016! I bought a brand new Whirlpool fridge in May 2016 that cost me $2600.  It broke down 82 days later, losing over $200 in groceries.  Has Whirlpool bothered to follow up on any of my 8 letters, 22 emails, 19 phone calls!>!?!?  ABSOLUTELEY  NOT.  They dont' care.  But I can tell you that Airbnb absolutely does care. I have had a few issues with guests and the individual reps I turned to on ABB phone support were incredibly supportive, helpful, kind and offered me several options/advice on how to get past a terrible situation that involved the guests being told to leave. 

Here's a suggestion I would like to offer you.  Did you know that on each booking you can click onto your account, click on booking prior to check in, during the booking, and after the booking, you can choose REPORT A PROBLEM.  Itsa  great feature and I have used it a few times.  I have had things resolved within minutes, hours or sometimes within 24 hours. But I promise you, they have resolved it for me to where I was breathing easy.   Please know that not everyone is perfect, and I have had 1 or 2 reps that didn't know as much as I knew about Airbnb, its policies, its procedures, or even about the Community Center, but I have found I just need to be more patient.  But the other 99% of the staff that I have spoken to were A M A Z I N G!  (as a matter of fact, I received the most beautiful gift yesterday from the manager of the Florida team and her staff who truly value everything I do for the guests in my home) - (they said I was the first host to ever send them something to Airbnb in the mail to show my appreciation for them)  

Im offended by this other host abusive words in his post and have actually flagged it.  We don't need to see things like that about the very company that allows so many of us to follow our dreams of running a Bed and Breakfast like I have been currently doing for the last 14 months.  I have been a Superhost for the last 12 consecutive months since I was able to qualify, but even I had to learn a bit about hosting through Airbnb phone reps, and have also found that many hosts on this CC forum were helpful, kind and patient, and for those few moments that I needed the expertise of an Airbnb rep, the folks there were simply INCREDIBLE.

Definitely use the REPORT A PROBLEM link in your ABB account if you ever need help....its quite affective.  Hope I've helped you.  

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

@Momi0 thank I thought the report a problem was flagging a guest not reporting an issue with a reservation or inquiry. I agree and thanks for speaking up. I have probably contacted them about 5-10 times for various issues on various topics through multiple channels. (Phone twitter etc) and have have very positive experience.

These included things like -
* trouble with guests that had cleanliness issues and looking for discounts;
* why not meeting superhost criteria (but was)
* found out guest under 18 and I need to cancel.

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

AIRBNB IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER

I have BEEN RENTING PROPERTY FOR 15 years

HI...thank you for all the information, but I think they've done away with the "report a problem" feature...please correct me if I'm wrong...

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Morgan19 @William29 @Rosabeth0 Perhaps in Australia we are just lucky to have a support arm of the company that really does work.....Now I know there will possibly be 20 posts from Australian host that will tell me that is rubbish! But I have never had to wait on the phone for longer than 2 minutes before I am talking to a rep. They take the time to listen and they do try to help....As I have said before, sometimes they can be a bit ineffective, and extremely hesitant about divulging Airbnb policy...but they do try. They always send a follow-up email requesting feedback on the customer service I have received and I have even had a personal call back to establish that my problem was fixed.

But, not just with Airbnb, but other major companies, they invariably do not like their 'dirty linen' being aired publically, and the best way to get a speedy solution to your problem is to objectively and calmly detail it on Airbnb's Facebook page. If you rant and rave you will be seen as a disgruntled clown by not just Airbnb but other readers as well but, if you eloquently, graphically and analitically list your grievance Airbnb will be onto it in the blink of an eye!! They will also follow up because they know full well, you will, if the situation is not resolved!

I was supplied a sub standard solar inverter by Origin Energy! It kept breaking down all the time and after two years failed inrepairably. Half a dozen phone calls to Origin Energy failed to gain any sort of satisfaction....I was just given the run around!

So I posted on their Facebook page a chronology of the problems I was having and with Origin's response!

Boy oh boy, did that get things moving. I had a reply on Facebook within five minutes with a request to contact a particular representative. As soon as I established with this rep the details of origin's installation he gave me a case number, organised a good quality replacement inverter and had it installed, all inside a week. And to top it off he gave another complete 5 year waranty on the new unit!

Next time you have a problem that nobody wants to satisfy, use social media! It will probably get results...cheers.....Rob

I am also very frustrated by dreadful customer service and asked to speak to a supervisor but was refused. I have had occasion to contact Airbnb with 4 problems in the past 4 months and none of these was handled well by Airbnb. I wanted to discuss this with a supervisor but wasn't allowed to. 

There would appear to be little accountability therefore service suffers.

My biggest frustration is the way they lie to you to make you go away.

I just had 3 representatives in a row lie to me... Each lie was different. I've never had this problem before... strange. Maybe I just got the luck of the draw?