Airbnb #Amsterdam and #Rotterdam group #Netherlands

Damir0
Level 10
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Airbnb #Amsterdam and #Rotterdam group #Netherlands

Hello dear fellow hosts,

Here is the discussion for hosts in #Amsterdam and #Rotterdam (#Netherlands). Feel free to ask anything or suggest ideas, discussions etc.

Cheers!

Damir

Wherever you go, there you are.
57 Replies 57

Sorry, Mano not Marco

Hi Alexandre,

i got the same problem, do u already know something?

regards

Ingeborg4
Level 2
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Hallo allemaal!

Zojuist zag ik op de AirBNB pagina over de 60 dagen limiet bij de opties "what to do" dat er helemaal geen mogelijkheid wordt geboden om te laten zien dat je geen vakantieverhuur doet maar zelf daar woont waar ook de "entire home" wordt verhuurd. Ik heb een BNB vergunning. Maar AirBNB lijkt de limiet niet enkel op vakantieverhuur toe te passen. Jullie een idee?

Dank, Ingeborg

Rox-Anne0
Level 2
The Hague, Netherlands

I have a question regarding being a host. I am currently a host for a home in the Caribbean, however I am living in the Netherlnads, is there some process I need to set up with regards to taxes here in the Netherlands. 

Maria922
Level 1
Eindhoven, Netherlands

Hi All,

I just listed one of my room in my house, located in Eindhoven.

I am interested on the tax discussion, since I have zero knowledge about this.

Is tourist tax applied in all cities in Netherlands? Or depends on the gemeente?

I plan to send an email to gemeente to have a clarification on the tax 

Patrick343
Level 1
Provincetown, MA

Hi!

I currently live in the US and I am moving to The Hague this fall. I rent out 2 rooms now in the US and would like to continue doing so once I move and get settled. I live in a tourist location now and seem to get a steady amount of guests for most of the year. How often are you renting out your spaces in The Hague? Is 15 nights a month too high an expectation? Thanks! Patrick

Nishu0
Level 1
Rotterdam, Netherlands

Hi, I am an airbnb host in rotterdam. I have started hosting from last month, please let me know how to pay tourist tax and incometax and how much?

Youssef24
Level 2
Rotterdam, Netherlands

Hi Nishu ! Where you able to find an answer ? I also have similar questions 🙂

Enna0
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

HELLO  dear fellow host

anybody knows the airbnb phone  number in Amsterdam ? have got travelling issues payment.

Adilson5
Level 1
Rotterdam, Netherlands

Hello people, 

I have been a host for 2 years now, And I noticed that sometimes I really want to my best to give something extra to the tourist coming to my place. Since im located in Delfshaven, I start reaching out to the local community, to see what kind of stuff I could give as part of their trip. At first I was look for food at nice place (historisch delfshaven). My eyes felt on cafe Soif, nice and besides the water. What do you suggest? I also saw that they have an extended attraction where people can have boat trips or rent out a boat www.ikapitein.nl . I was thinking in reaching out and contacting the cafe and see if we can get some sort of collaboration. I would like to have your opinion on this subject. 

Hi All!

I am re-posting this to the Amsterdam/Rotterdam community as I am a host in Rotterdam.

Because of my work, I am often abroad and decided to make my apartment available on Airbnb. Everything went well, with a few people staying in part of my apartment for a few months at each time. I was thinking to rent out also my own room in the apartment, because I will be out for a couple of months, and notified my neighbor about that idea, as we share a staircase (my apartment is split onto two levels, as well as my neghbor's). The neighbor told me that this is illegal, because long stay rentals on Airbnb are supposed to be 'incidental' and should not happen all the time. Beside the fact that my room has never been on AirBnB, because I am using it when in town, and it just sits empty for the rest of the time, I cannot find what the rules really are. I want to stick to the law, and eventually rent out my unit only if that is legally possible: the neighbor blackmailed me saying that if I will rent out my room upstairs, she will report me at the Community (not sure what that actually means) and my guests will be kicked out immediately. Any advise?

Hi Andrea,

I noticed you had a similar issue to the one I have today. Did you get any usafel answer to do with what is legal and what is not?

I wonder if you can point me to the right direction. I'm trying to find out what I can and cannot do  in the Netherlands. Is Airbnb in the Netherlands considered a commercial activity?

Reason I ask is, I live in a building and share the hallway with 2 other apartments. I've been told by the administration of the building that I cannot do Airbnb because I cannot run commercial activities in the property. On the other hand, I am allowed to rent the property under "normal" circumstances, ie, find tenants, get them on a contract and become a landlord for a certain period of time. I mean, just renting as people normally do outside Airbnb or others. (Isn't that commercial acivity???!!!).

If Airbnb in the Netherlands is a commercial activity, then I should stop. Have you ever come accross legal cases which talk about that in the Netherlands?

Thank you

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question and would appreciate if anyone can be of help.

I have a second home in Amsterdam (which I currently do not live in - is this a problem?) and rent it out via Airbnb for a maximum of 60 days as per the law suggests. What tax consequences this would have? Shall I post my income from this renatals in box3 or box1? And also; do I need to register myself with the municipality for this activity. 

Thanks in advance for your input.

Demir

Yelena11
Level 1
Delft, Netherlands

Hello all, nice idea of this group, thanks for creating it- very useful. Here I am with my question:

we have a mortgage on our house and because of some life events we are forced to move out from our city for few months. So we were thinking to rent out our house. The bank on phone said it not possible and sent us to the agency. Agency wants 650 euro for every new tenant, so short term is not possible. But I do like idea of Airbnb, so are also able to come back sometimes to our house. Is it true that it’s not allowed to rent with Airbnb  if you have a mortgage on the house? Thank you! 

Hi Yelena,

Just read your question and I'm in a similar situation. I have a mortgage and want to rent my apartment sometimes on Airbnb. can we do that if we have a mortgage?