Airbnb Approved Vendor List

John978
Level 2
Sherwood, OR

Airbnb Approved Vendor List

Where is the approved vendor list for Airbnb?  I'd like to purchase some lounge chairs for my 3 houses with pools... I'm sure someone knows?

8 Replies 8
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@John978  Approved vendor list? Never heard of such a thing. If I needed lounge chairs, I'd just go down to Home Depot or Costco or wherever and buy some.

It's not that easy in every market... they have seasonal stuff and trust me we are all over it but it changes, your super lucky if you can go in and buy them anytime.   For us, it's not the same.   We also live thousands of miles for our vacation properties so when we are in Puerto Rico it's a scramble to get things done that were missed.   I love this conversation, those very close to their properties as well as those far away... we will rock it as a group who cares!  

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What do you mean by approved vendor list? Why would you need one?

just use whichever shops you would normally go to for this type of furniture. 

The problem is the ones I've found at Costco or Sams Club only hold up for a 1-2 years and need replaced and so I thought Airbnb might have a list of commercial grade vendors they recommend, maybe the same place the hotels and cruise ships purchase for instance, pool lounge chairs. 

@John978 The ones sold at Costco, with the aluminum frames and the stretched UV proof fabric don't have to be replaced if the fabric gets worn or ripped. The fabric part can be replaced by a competent upholsterer for much less than the cost of a new lounger. The metal frames last a long time unless someone seriously abuses them.

I do that work in my area all the time. I've repaired 100 of those loungers. The fabric is held in place by nylon rods that slide up into the grooves in the sides of the chair. It's a matter of loosening the bolts on the underside of the chair that hold the fabric taut, removing the end caps from the grooves, sliding out the old seat or back, and sliding on the new fabric that's been hemmed up to size.

You can also order these new seat and back pieces online and there are many youtube videos showing how this replacment is done.

Thanks for the tip... I'll see if the Costco in Puerto Rico carries them.   Finding chairs that allow for replacement material and then finding the material has always been the biggest issue and I've had to resort to just purchasing new ones constantly.

@John978  I understand completely.

Living in Mexico, there are many things not available here that are readily available in the US or Canada. A guest from the US who asked if there was anything she could bring me from up north (obviously a seasoned traveler) was responded to by me "Yes! Thanks so much for asking. A couple of Mr. Clean magic erasers." She brought me 2 boxes of them. 🙂

Maybe I'm wrong, but I should think that outdoor fabric would be possible to come by in Puerto Rico, as it would be something sought after by many. 

Good luck!

John1431
Level 2
Fort Myers, FL

Wondering where that list is as well.