Airbnb CS

Answered!
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Airbnb CS

As Airbnb is now routing their customers to the community, we all now are in fact Customer Support.

So please give us also access to the CS ticket system, we are happy to solve all issues..

Off course not for free, as quality has a price.

Best regards,

Emiel

1 Best Answer
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I'm confused. I got a message from CS (in a new thread) thanking me for escalating a case, telling me I had reached the correct team, he was looking over the case and asking me to provide more detail.

But I have no idea what this is about. The last time I escalated anything was months ago. So, I asked which case he was referring to. He responded, "You can share your issues with me, I will be more than happy to answer them and resolved them for you."

Eh? I love it that CS is trying to help me with something. I only wish I knew what it was, but apparently, I'm supposed to tell them.

He's off for four days now, so maybe I will have a brainwave in the meantime. Otherwise, I'm at a total loss.

View Best Answer in original post

43 Replies 43

@Huma0  Oh, he can't tell you what the case is- that's sensitive personal information 😜

@Huma0   I also had CS communication about a full refund issue for a guest that requested it 4 months ago and I agreed 4 months ago.  I was not happy that this poor guest has not gotten her money back all this time.  Gee, I wonder if that is a way in which Air BNB is recouping some of the revenue.

Then I received the "survey" and was puzzled about how to rate the CS on a poor system issue.  Sigh...

@Linda108  I've received those surveys as well. I hate them because just as they blame hosts for things that aren't the host's fault, those surveys are worded to blame the CS rep for what is out of their control. As if the poor rep is responsible for company policy or system glitches which the tech dept. won't fix. I recall that there is somewhere at the end of that survey where you can write some explanation, and I've always said as much. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Linda108 

Likewise. I had an issue months back when the guest was charged but I was not paid and we both got weird messages about it. I contacted CS and was assured it was a technical glitch and had been sorted.

Months later, my payout was still not processing. I messaged CS but weeks later, no response, so I called. Then they tell me they had been unable to collect the full amount from the guest, which is the opposite of what the first rep told me. I asked what amount was outstanding so I could work out if they were correct (the guest had already told me what she had paid). They said they could not give me this information. It was confidential.

Then I realised they were trying to charge her some totally random amount and the calculations on the system were completely wrong. I explained everything. So, they paid me, but not until they had charged the guest again!!

On and on it went until eventually I got them to understand what the long-term cancellation policy actually was and refund the guest.

Some weeks later, I get another CS rep contacting me in response to the original email, asking what the problem was.

Seriously, I totally understand the OP's point here. How many hours did I have to waste on this one simple payment? Why should I have to sit down with a calculator and explain to CS why 1+1 does not =3?

@Huma0 

LOL

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

HELP!!!

This is the response I received from CS today. What should I reply? I have no idea what they are contacting me about, but given how overstretched they are, there must be some reason, surely? I don't want to get myself in a mess...

"Hi Huma,

I would request you to share all your queries, as I am not contacting you for any specific issue.

You can share the information related to the any issue you are facing.

Response Awaited !"

@Jeez, @Huma0 , they really need to get rid of these CS reps who can't put a coherent sentence together in English, so hosts can understand WTF they are talking about.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 

Yes, but even if the sentence was worded more coherently, it still wouldn't make any sense. This rep contacted me telling me it was about a case I had escalated. Now that I've asked him three times which case he is referring to, he says it's not about any specific issue.

WHY??

If it's not about anything, then fine, but why would CS be reaching out to people for no reason when they are so overstretched? My feeling is that this case has landed on his desk months after I escalated it but the rep who passed it on didn't include any information whatsoever. I've experienced this several times in the past, i.e. that you have to explain everything again each time it's passed around. The problem is it's difficult to do that when they contact you months down the line.

Barbara542
Level 2
Greensboro, NC

Never have I not been able to get an Airbnb rep on the phone, until now. Now I can't even get an email response. Do I understand there is no Arbitration Dept anymore? I have a Guest-Refusal Reimbursement issue at hand and a bogus Review from the same individual that I am asking to be purged. Separate issues, but how to get handled is a total mystery. I'm a 4-year Superhost also (US), with my first issues; and now there is no one to work with. Exactly what are we supposed to do?????? And what does the "hint" under my intended reply mean? Am I supposed to identify the Guest??:

Hint:

Type @ and the username to notify that person! You can @ more than one username.

@Barbara542  The "hint" has nothing to do with your post or your guest. It's just telling you how to tag another poster here, if you are replying to someone specific, so they get a notification that they have a reply.

Everyone is experiencing these frustrating long delays with CS now. Persistence and patience seems to be the only alternative to tearing your hair out.

So, is there no one actually in charge now? I cannot believe that the Community has any real power. 

@Barbara542 , the borge is running the show now, we will be assimilated!!!

@Melodie-And-John0   that's too scary to consider. : }

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Guest: the apartment is infested with bugs,

Guest thinks: I better not mention I had the windows fully open every day, while I smoked with impunity.

CS Random: Sure I'll give you a refund in full, God love you, how did you cope with such nasty creatures.

Random Thinks: Its not coming out of my pocket and It clears my daily list quickly.

CS Cormac: I think you not telling the full story your host say you've been leaving the windows open for no apparent reason, REQUEST DENIED.