Anyone having issues syncing Airbnb Calendar with Google Calendar

Tom371
Level 2
Tregony, United Kingdom

Anyone having issues syncing Airbnb Calendar with Google Calendar

Dear All,

I have set my Airbnb calendar to sync with my google calendar and it all seemed fine BUT when I update the availability or receive a booking on the Airbnb calendar it seems to take some time (several hours) for the updates to show up on the google calendar. No amount of page refreshing has any effect.

Does anyone have an idea of why it's so slow and any idea of how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

TOM 🙂

39 Replies 39
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

My Airbnb -> Google calendar has not worked properly since late 2016, @Tom371. The delay is always anything from 2 hours to 12, and I have tried everything the internet suggests to fix that. I experienced no delays at all from 2012 to 2016, so when the trouble started I thought it was temporary. I have tried everything the internet suggests to fix it. It was one of the things that first brought me to this forum. I am afraid I have given up. 

Sorry to be of no help, but I wanted you to know it is not just you. 

Hopefully someone will write with an answer for both of us!

Tom371
Level 2
Tregony, United Kingdom

Hi Lawrene. Many thanks for your swift reply. That's a shame... It's not a big deal for me because I'm only running one rental. It's more of a frustration. Hope you are correct and some one smarter than us comes up with a fix! Cheers Tom 🙂

Tom371
Level 2
Tregony, United Kingdom

Oops .... LAWRENE..... Sorry x

Robin282
Level 1
Sullivan, IL

I am having the same problem.  It is very frustrating.  I've spent a lot of time trying to resolve this, then I saw others were having the same issue.  I wish Airbnb would help us resolve it.

Kelly405
Level 3
Ithaca, NY

I am sorry about the delay you guys are getting. Despite the delays, I would still like to try syncing google and airbnb calendars. Would someone mind talking me through how to do that? I see how to export the airbnb calendar and get the url link, and I created a new calendar in google to receive the export, but I don't see where to paste the url. I am only getting the option in google settings to upload a file, not a url. Thanks for any help you can give! 

For anyone who is wondering - I figured out how to import the airbnb calendar into google calendar. Instead of going into google settings and import/export like I had thought, you go to the left where you have your different calendars, hit the + sign to "add a friends calendar" and paste the airbnb URL. To get the Airbnb URL, go to your listing's Availability, scroll down for sync calendar, select export, copy the URL. 

Thank you Kelly....you just saved me hours of frustration ...took me 30 seconds following your instructions 🙂 Now I have a calendar that I can invite the cleaning service to see 🙂

After you added the calendar how did you invite someone?

When I go to the calendar settings - under permission setting I can not edit this?

Is there another place you share?

Did you ever get an answer to this? I can't edit permissions so no cleaners can see the events in the calendar. 

Thanks!  I needed to do this to keep track of everything going on in one spot! was a hassle to go back and forth from the googl calender to the app.  Thanks again

its working. thankyou kelly

Cool!! Now I see my closed days at the web site on Google Calendars, but I'm just waiting for sync that Calendar at my Iphone...did you tried this? Maybe it took couple of hours, I dont know...just wondering.

Hi Kelly,  I am new to AirBnb and I still haven't figured out how to sync airbnb with google calendar.  I don't see an option for 'add a friends calendar".  Do you have another suggestion/advice?  Thank you. 

Thank you Kelly! Works well!