Airbnb Case Manager Shout out

Natasha45
Level 7
Athens, GA

Airbnb Case Manager Shout out

Just wanted to drop a positive note here! Had a bad situation in my Airbnb over the weekend. Amongst other things, the most minor being, a guest brought along 2 of her own guests and was only registered for one person. Ury, from Airbnb support, stepped in and turned a very uncomfortable situation into a positive experience for BOTH the guest and myself. She is a great listener and used common sense and courtesy to smooth over a situtation that escalated very quickly. 

We read about bad Airbnb Help experiences, but rarely do we read about the positive ones. Anyone else have a positive experience they would like to share? 

13 Replies 13
Grace329
Level 5
Johannesburg, South Africa

I had two positive ones

from Diana who managed to hide/remove a review where a guest gave me 4stars and left an X on the public review. Just X no words nothing of whch future guests would have thot it mearnt NO dont book this property.

Diana removed it within 2 hrs after I complained.

I also worked with Katy who managed to resolve my location problem. My listing was not appearing on searches for my correct neighborhood. 

So yep ! am happy with AIrbnb  help

Great to know! Keep it up

Glad to read cool stories from soo far! See you one day when I visit Johannesburg or You visit Santa Fe!!!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Natasha45   Yes, I've had very helpful CS reps, although I have to say, they are not the norm, in my experience. I wish we could request a specific CS rep, who we have found to be knowledgable and helpful in the past, when an issue crops up.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you so much for sharing this postive experience with our Support Team, @Natasha45

The Community Center is a great place to share experiences (positive and less so positive) and get support from fellow community members. I believe it is good for our souls to have a healthy balance of this. 🙂 

Thanks again for taking the time and encouraging us to share positivity. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Louisia0
Level 10
Aix-en-Provence, France

Je suis dans l'attente de la résolution d'un problème, jusqu'à présent j'ai été agréablement surprise par la réactivité et la gentillesse des personnes qui m'ont contacté, quel que soit le sujet. J'aurais grand plaisir à venir apporter mon témoignage dès que ma problématique sera résolue.

I've also had god experiences with Airbnb support, responding to a message I sent re that I thought the request sounded as tho it might have been a scammer and I didn't want to accept until I had more information re the potential Guest. Support was helpful and responded quickly.

I've always had good experiences with Airbnb support - they've been pretty prompt with responding to messages and the times where I've had to call (to get them to cancel third party bookings) it's been handled really well.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Only in financial matters, but they all been great, quick and more than courteous and always with follow-up 'thank you' letters how much they appreciate my listing with Airbnb. 

I kept wondering why I had 2 weeks in November and 2 weeks in December not booked.   I am usually booked every day (with a 3 day minimum).  I finally called Airbnb support.  I was disconnected on the first and second call.  Then a wonderful man named MALIK responded and discovered that all my days for the entire year that were not already booked were BLOCKED!!!!!!!!  What?????  He helped me out for at least one hour and said Airbnb was REVIEWING my account/home.  I tried to find out why but the answer "I don't know".   I have Glowing, Fabulous reviews and am a SUPERHOST.   

It is now resolved and back on the market.  If I had not called, my earnings would have diminished thousands of dollars!  

The city of Los Angeles is trying to reduce the number of days that we can airbnb our homes by more than half per year, and I have gone to City Hall with Airbnb staff and hosts to try to prevent this from happening.  A lovely staff member named Phuong invites me to these meetings, and stays in touch.  They need people like me, and I need people like MALIK.

Catherine232
Level 10
Vancouver, Canada

To be 1000% honest, although I've had a frustration or two (I don't like being asked to forgo my payment because guests change their mind or make a mistake, and I had some freaky guests who put plastic all over the windows and generally misused and abused our amenities and there wasn't much offered by customer service) I have found the customers service team folk to be generally outstanding. I have only ever had one rude customer service person, and when I phoned to complain I was given an apology by another rep and a small (too small to be of use, but still) airbnb credit to use against a stay.

I have phoned quite a bit for help with various matters, and almost always get a quick, courteous resolution.

I've had an opposite experience recently and have no resolution in sight. A guest booked our 2-bed apartment for 1 guest and disconnected security camera on the front door on the first night. We asked them to reconnect and decided to give them a benefit of doubt. On the second night, we clearly see that there were at least 7 people entering the apartment. We charge £10 for every additional guest and our house rules clearly state that no non-paying guests are allowed in the apartment at any time. We also highlight that breaking house rules is subject to £200 fine which is equal to the deposit on the booking. I'm struggling to apply this fine at the moment and Airbnb is saying it's not legible for compensation under Host Guarantee. Trying to get hold of someone to speak on the phone! It's ridiculous! Some lowlife violated the privacy of my home – not to mention that the apartment was left in a real state on check-out! Stains on soft furnishings, sticky floors/carpets, cigarette smoke, dirty washing, drink boxes/bottles everywhere, condom wrappers. Proper disgusting! 

O....my....goodness.  An ID verification does not reveal low lifes.  Reviews posted about our guests is very important.  I am new at hosting and I was able to meet my 2guests  (work travelers)at check in and they were antsy about sending me along.  I found out they are addicts.  They were very clean but I was disturbed of their lifestyle.  Using in smoking area outside.  I just separated from my husband who also is an adict so I identified with their behavior, but Lord, it is a risk.  What would a hotel Do?