Airbnb Censorship

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Airbnb Censorship

Where has Juan's post on Corvid disappeared to, along with all the comments hosts have taken the time to write? 

I was in the process of editing a post to @Melodie-And-John0 at 11.35 and 3 hours of posts disappeared and Juan's never came back.

Whats happening?

@Stephanie @Lizzie @Nick 

34 Replies 34
Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Airbnb 

The heading to this Community Centre reads:

Join the conversation and connect with other hosts who are creating a world where anyone can belong.

Is this an aspiration or a statement? That statement doesn't support Bannings and Censorship.

There’s a lot of censorship going on.

Infiltrated?

Star Wars commander shut down, used to pass comms

Social media put on notice.

What platforms are next?

Executive Order on Preventing Online Censorship:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-preventing-online-censorship/

What eyes are on this?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Just dropped you a message @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 !

Ta,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0  Thanks for this. They absolutely deleted my #BLM and covid post. I am still waiting on what guideline was broken. I wasn't even told it was being deleted. @Stephanie @Lizzie @Nick and other admins, are you silencing brown voices? Where is the inclusion and racial sensitivity now? By deleting my posts are you saying I should think like other brown people?

@Juan63 

I am still waiting on what guideline was broken. I wasn't even told it was being deleted.

A DM sent to me partially states 'personal comments against other users'. Personally, I don't remember seeing any of them but I did see a disagreement of opinion and that seemed to be dealt with.

Unless you posted something whilst I was replying to @Melodie-And-John0 which caused the whole CC to crash 3 hours of posts, then that "Spam Quarantine" has been given more leverage than it justifies. It is also a useful excuse for heavy handed moderation. 

Threads do disappear here. That is fact.

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 Let's just say I did say something to a specific person. Does that justify deleting the OP? Why not just delete that message? For sure I didn't say anything to a specific person that justified censoring on either the #BLM or covid post, that's also a fact.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Juan63 - I read the whole thread, & wrote a comment, which I tried to send, then got the flash that it was not possible.

- I did not see ANYTHING offensive in your posts! I thought they were all quite mild & respectfully expressed! You were merely saying you disagreed with the prevailing viewpoint re recent topical discussions! I've seen plenty here in the CC that WAS offensive to other users, but I personally thought what you wrote 10 - 12hrs ago was fine!

- I just read a recent thoughtful analysis from @Anonymous , where he observes that recent highly charged, topical discussions are causing hosts to "get their knickers in a twist!" (I laughed, I thought only we Brits used that whimsical phrase!) - That's basically what you were saying, I think? - I'm sure it won't be deleted! Useful phrase, remember it, makes you laugh, can't go wrong! Ha ha! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Juan63 

In that case, deletion of the offending post would have been adequate  in my opinion.

Contentious issues like AirBnb BLM donations, AirBnb Covid-19 and EC policy obviously have no place here. (Not by you, anyway 🤔). Members don’t need to engage with your threads but they did -massively- on your BLM thread with many thorough and intelligent posts. Activity on the forum was the highest then that I’ve seen recently. Such engagement you’d have guessed would be welcomed?

Maybe you should consider posting more useful threads along the lines of; Shopping, Dogs, Cats, Movie and Word Game trivia, Painting or Baking? They never get deleted!

All subjects are important of course, I’m all for inclusion but subjects concentrating on Hosts Life and Livlihood losses, solutions to those problems, avoiding pitfalls and glitches in the platform and learning lessons in hindsight should be much higher on the agenda. 

BTW. Have you been contacted since your last post, you not knowing about what happened?

@Juan63 

Silence...

You have got to be joking me !!

I was DM'd and other contributors up to 4 hours ago.

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 time to have fun

When I went Shopping all stores were closed because they were looted

A guest wanted to bring Dogs and when I asked for the breed because some are not allowed by my insurance, they guest would not tell me because I would then discriminate against certain type base on the color of it's fur

I do not allow Cats in my listing so a guest registered a cat as a child. The cat was in fact only two months old

Word Game trivia what does 19 in Covid 19 stand for? It is the pounds I gained while sheltering in place

@Sarah977 you should be really good at this. We still have Movie, Painting and Baking

@Inna22 @Sarah977 

Oh sorry - I just searched [GAME], and ended up here. The local real Game store must have shut down. Upset emoji: 😥

As an act of kindness I've just had £8,000 taken out of my income. Happy Clappy Emoji: 👏 What shall I do? What adaptations can I make to welcome my guests back? I wonder? It'll have to be some DIY project as there's no money anymore. What I really need now is some sort of Kindness Card. kindness card Emoji: 💌 Something containing £8,000 would be a good start. I'd bake a cake to celebrate!

We get-out-loads so we like our favourite places, Like Emoji: 👍but the worst part of those is all the dog mess littering the places and sh1t bags left around. Pile of pooh, or BS Emoji: :pile_of_poo: Thats - never ever the fault of every dog owner I know - believe me, they go out of their way to tell me! They do just want to tell me about their dogs - I don't want to know. Rolling Eyes Emoji: 🙄

So here's a SPIN, that light on top of the Lighthouse that goes around and around, been doing that for over two years now and not gone anywhere! Still procrastinating, still pumping the PR, still building momentum, even after jumping on the bandwagon of BLM. The project is  :pile_of_poo::pile_of_poo::pile_of_poo: (no emoji description needed). Now that's nothing 'to get your knickers in a twist over' @Helen350 but if you get a sniff of that "oh so pretty and shiny" mercury - lovely to play with - full of promise and guarantees to level out everything... It is poison. Its poison will be heading to chronically ruin your hosting life forever!

Hitting a host near you very soon, you could say! You'll be as "mad as a hatter" by then (because mercury made them all that way) and you'll be cancelling unidentified, unnamed, expectant guests. Those guests will be canceling hosts too and just taking more of your money for ridiculous reasons! You will both be needing to contact non-existent support staff to tell them your story, again and again and again and.... A bit like all the problems that currently exist here, been pointed out here and no resolution ever gets provided from here, on the CC. Captive Cage Emoji: :pile_of_poo: again and again and again...

Fly free @Susan17 May **free you from all censorship!

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines

I don't believe that:

:pile_of_poo:

Emoji gets censored ! 😂😂😂😂