Airbnb Customer Service in Phillipines

Airbnb Customer Service in Phillipines

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED in dealing with Airbnb customer service in Manila, Phillipines. It is absolutely UNBELIEVABLE and actually hard to explain to someone who hasn't dealt with it!!! I live here in Northern California in Vacaville where we have a guest house on the property that we've been renting for a couple of years and I own a condo in Hawaii that I've been renting for 12 years! before Airbnb was even around! Like you, I am SUPERHOST, just earned it fourth time in a row! and I've NEVER had a problem speaking with Airbnb customer service via phone or chat when I am dealing with someone in San Francisco or even anywhere in the USA (or even a first world country like Europe!) but my last few calls to Airbnb customer service in the Phillipines have made me want to pull my f'n hair out. It's an absolute joke! And I the SIMPLEST ISSUE can take the longest amount of time to resolve becuase, quite frankly, these people DO NOT UNDERTSTAND US, OUR NEEDS, OR VALUE OUR TIME. I mean, honestly, how could you, if you lived in a country where the average salary is probably $100-$200 a month and your cost of housing even less that. How can someone in one of these countries then understand someone spending $100, $200, $500 or even a $1,000 a night on accomodations! Anyway, I could go on and on. In the last 2 days, I've called Airbnb 3 times (twice for a hosting issue and once for a booking issue) and A) it was either not resolved, B) I was not undetsood and it took soooo long to explain, or C) I got hung up on because the lady didn't want to deal with me. Funny, though, I did reach someone in San Francisco today and I resolved an issue in LESS THAN 5 MINUTES!!! Isn't THAT interesting...I've always thought of Airbnb as the premier platform that others are trying to copy, thought of them as 5 star service, and easy to deal with but their decision to farm customer service to the Phillipines...BIG MISTAKE...They can now join the ranks of many other big companies like Sprint, United Airlines, Delta Airlines, Synchrony Bank (Lowes credit card and Care Credit), and I'm sure countless others who want to save money (at the expense of their customers) by farming out their customer service to India and the Phillipines. It makes me sick! and seriously considering of finding another company to host and book travel with. Shoot, VRBO website may not be as nice but I still get bookings with them and at least their customer service is in the United Kingdom...

Scott

5 Replies 5
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Scott-And-Sandie0,

Welcome to the Community Center. My name is Lizzie and I am the Community Manager here.  I am sorry to hear you have been having a few difficulties contacting our Support Team.

We have Support Teams based in multiple regions around the world to cater for our global community and the way it works is that you will be transfered to your nearest team, depending on your location. The times when it connects to a support team further away is when it is a particularly busy times of the day. 

This being said you should be receiving a great service everytime you contact our team. I will certainly pass on your feedback here. To add, as you don't go into any specifics here regarding why you were getting in touch, were you able to resolve this in the end? Are you still in need of help?

I hope to speak with you soon.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I've had the same issue - best thing to do is when you call in as them to 'escalate' your case to a supervisor.

When I escalate to a case manager, its a Phillipino case manager, who is not better than the person I was dealing with. Complete waste of time. 

Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Scott-And-Sandie0 @Lizzie. I have to agree. I'm using Skype to call the US number to make sure I get someone who speaks English. I'm use to working with people who don't speak English well, I'm use to working in a second language, but, when I call a help line I expect to get help. The last two times I've called the person basically read a script. Didn't seem to understand my questions. At the same time I'm talking to the help line I'm trying to answer the guest and figure out my own answer. Both times, luckily the guest and I were able to resolve the issue before the help person could figure out even what the true issue was. So one question is are they being adequately trained in procedures?  I expect better help than what I've received the last two times, as was mentioned, this is suppose to be a top of the line company. 😕

See my recent post, just saw yours.  Phillipines customer service is worse than none at all.