Airbnb Customer service from ok to cero care.

Ain3
Level 1
Osaka, Japan

Airbnb Customer service from ok to cero care.

Hi, 

It has been over a year or more since I started managing the listings of my partner and it felt like it went from Ok customer service to cero response on Airbnb side, making must of my problems a nightmare. I read a magazzine where it was clearly stated that Airbnb real customers were the hosts not the guests and I dont see that happening. Airbnb usually puts the blame on my listings or my bad luck and even when guests fail to their part of their contract or airbnb constant updates the Airbnb customer services decides to ignore me, it emails me saying that they are working on the problem but once they decide they will lose some money they will not be paying any more attention and will not work on the issue anymore. 

Not really sure where can I go? it is like no remmedy but let it go because my concern is that there is not a place where I can complain about the terrible customer service. 

Sincerely, 

Jus an other host. 

7 Replies 7
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

@Ain3,

You could start here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi, 

After a few messages on twitter, the staff email me and phone me, they were very polite and the person in charge was extremely professional. I am not sure but its seems like there are certain levels of customer service, from the basic to the very specific one. It is all about to communicate the issue with the right agent. 

Chad18
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Yeah they are horrible.  Could care less about your issues or problems or compensating you.  Try moving to competitior.  Airbnb sucks

Josh49
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Hello,

We are hosting more than 100 properties via a channel manager.

I - When we receive booking inquiries or if a guest sends us a message. We do not receive it via e-mail.

We do receive such notification via SMS which is not more professional for our business requirements.

II - Some of our properties are pushed to Airbnb more than 2 weeks ago, they are still not listed.

Please suggest if there is anything wrong with our account and could be fixed.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Josh49

I am not quite sure what a 'channel manager' is. But if you are paying for a commercial company to manage your properties, shouldn't they be sorting out these sort of problems for you?

You can find the answers to most questions by using BNB's help centre or using the search function on the community forums here

To manage your notifications. https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/14/how-do-i-update-my-notification-settings

This is forum for hosts, so if you have questions for BNB to do with setting up your listings you need to contact them directly. (1st post Community Help forum).

@Helen3

A channel Manager is an outside Company that has a software soluton so you input all your details to them and they basically have a portal to manage all your listings on a variety of booking sites, obviously @Josh49 is not just using AirBnB.

Sounds odd that he would ask here as this is exactly what he pays the Channel Manager to do, should ask them.

David
Lisa367
Level 10
Catania, Italy

i had a good conversation with an airbnb rep today, but thats rare.  typically bugs dont get fixed in a decent amount of time and the reps are rude.  one guy actually said to me "ugh, i dont want to deal with this.  let me transfer you."  NO KIDDING!  and yes, they are really focusing more on the guests and not the hosts - especially with the way they've altered the listings and reviews to really make it easier for guests to leave comments about "odors" and "sounds".  WHY??  hosts are already strained enough and 99% of the time are doing this because they need money.  why make it more difficult for them by throwing them under a bus?