Airbnb Experience approved but not live

Aria15290
Level 2
New York, NY

Airbnb Experience approved but not live

Hi!

I'm an Airbnb Experience host that has been hosting over 3 years. I'm currently trying to figure out why my new experience has been approved but isn't live. It allows me to add dates and shows up on my calendar, but even after adding dates, it still says it's not live. Any suggestions? I've contact Airbnb but they closed my request without even fixing it so I've contacted them again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

12 Replies 12
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Aria15290 

I am so sorry to hear that.

I believe that your ‘ new experiences’ violate the Airbnb terms and services policy.

Airbnb help article, 

Termination

Airbnb may terminate this agreement immediately and without notice and stop providing access to the Airbnb Platform if you materially breach this agreement and our other Terms or Policies, you violate applicable laws,

As usual, Airbnb wouldn't provide an explanation and the cause of the termination.

You may need to compare the differences between the two experiences and others on publishing.

And you could correct it and list the experience without beach the Airbnb TOS.

I hope you can figure out and way to go and work for the new experience ✌️

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Aria15290 

I'm also sorry to hear this and can't help beyond Dale's suggestion and your own persistence.

I love your name. We called a horse by that name!!

Your experience looks amazing. You are very talented and I feel proud that you're here... I really want you to be able to present your new experience. Do you want to run it us past us? There may be some kind of trigger, or words, that have led to a problem possibly....?

Karol22
Level 10
SF, CA

Hi @Aria15290 , double check the approval process and make sure you've hit all the checkpoints mentioned here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2889/what-happens-after-i-submit-an-airbnb-experience-for-review

Confirm that you've submitted all documentation requested... this is just in case for some reason there was a glitch in the application process (even though it states approved, perhaps there's a hangup). Really sorry to hear your situation but I'm sure it'll get worked out. Please keep us posted!

Lucia2150
Level 2
Cluj-Napoca, Romania

Hi! I am in the same situation. My experience was approved on Saturday morning, but until now it still appears unavailable. I have also tried to contact someone at AirBnb for help, but my messages are still unanswered. Can someone help?

Hi @Lucia2150! Were you able to get your experience live? I currently have 2 experiences that I created that have been approved but not yet live, I have added availability to the calendar though.

I’m in the same boat.

I’m in the same boat!

Lalith0
Level 2
Ambalangoda, Sri Lanka

i am too

Claire1846
Level 2
Del Monte Forest, CA

This just happened to me. It’s summer, and I want to get started. I can’t imagine why an approved experience would remain unpublished. This is inefficient at best.

Did the rest of you finally get the issue resolved?

That's bizarre. I finally got mine approved. I also created a new experience this summer and it was approved within 3 business days. The thing is every city has a different team working on their experiences. So it depends on the team in your location or the location of the experience.

Luminita9
Level 1
Cluj-Napoca, Romania

Hello!  I find myslef in the same situation with having submitted an experience which was approved but now has the status of : UNAVAILABLE, approved but not live yet. I have set calendar dates and also a payout method and it did not seem to help. 

I saw that @Aria15290 managed to list her experiences after all... any tips on how to solve the "not live yet" situation? Thanks!

Try adding dates on the calendar section. Also make sure your listing isn't paused. I would say reach out to Airbnb if that doesn't work but specifically ask for the Experience department. They're more helpful then just regular customer service.