Airbnb Hasn't Paid Me Yet

Airbnb Hasn't Paid Me Yet

I had a guest who stayed at my place from August 7 - 10, and I still haven't been paid by Airbnb yet. All my past reservations, I was paid out the day they checked in, but I still have not been paid out yet and I don't know why. In my transaction history it has the reservation in "future payout" tab, but I don't know why this hasn't been paid yet, or when it will be paid. 

Any thoughts?

25 Replies 25
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Raya7,

Lovely to meet you. I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your payment yet. 

Can I check when your reservation was? If it has been longer than a week, I would recommend contacting our Support Team, so they can check everything is ok. I'm not sure where you are based, but here is a useful Community Guide on the different ways to reach them.

Good luck with everything and I hope you get this resolved soon.

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie wrote:

Hello @Raya7,

Lovely to meet you. I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your payment yet. 

Can I check when your reservation was? If it has been longer than a week, I would recommend contacting our Support Team, so they can check everything is ok. I'm not sure where you are based, but here is a useful Community Guide on the different ways to reach them.

My son is still waiting for a payment for a stay in which the guest robbed him and trashed his apartment. Since this happened on Monday, March 18, 2019, he has emailed and called Airbnb a total of 5 times and was told they could not collect from the guest and that my son should reach out to him to resolve it.  They completely ignored the issues of robbery and trashing his apt and suggested my son reach out to a criminal and drug user. There were 3 witnesses to the robbery, 2 911 calls and a police report. Airbnb is not even interested in these important details. My son did speak to someone two days ago who apologized, told him that 4 people were now involved in the issue and that it was escalated to the trust and safety dept only to get a similar response from Mina via a brief email that once again told my son he should contact the guest (a criminal and confirmed drug user) to try and resolve it with him directly. 

There was no acknowledgement of compensation for my son’s trashed apartment and he can’t rent it out or even stay there himself until it’s cleaned up and he can’t afford to pay for it himself so he’s staying with me on my sofa waiting for this to be resolved with Airbnb. I don’t understand why my son is now expected to chase a criminal to get paid when that’s Airbnb’s job. My son held up his end of the bargain, gave him a clean place to stay for two nights and his hospitality is returned by being robbed, not to mention the subsequent ordeal that has now lasted a week. It’s Airbnb’s responsibility that my son gets paid, not his and yet they are shirking that responsibility and asking him to put himself in harms way to do so. 

What more can we do to get Airbnb to address this situation more seriously? 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Tracy371 

Tracy we hear of this sort of thing happening from time to time and in every instance Airbnb will try to distance themselves from any connection.

Airbnb's stance seems to be one of 'all care but no responsibility' and they will generally adhere to that position.

They do however know that this stance can be difficult to defend and when the host involves mainstream media any threats of publicity or legal action against Airbnb will see them buckle and agree to an out of court settlement. This is exactly why companies have liability insurance to cover themselves....and if Airbnb as a 30 billion dollar company don't....well, more fool them!

I have always found Airbnb very good to deal with but, I do not present them with problems and if your son has reached a stalemate where there appears to be nothing forthcoming from Airbnb you will find any number of media outlets in the Toronto area who would be only to happy to carry a public banner for you!

So sorry for your son Tracy and I hope it sorts itself out quickly for both you and he!

Cheers.......Rob

Ingrid23
Level 1
Kailua, HI

did you get paid by air bnb

Deniece4
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I have had the same thing. I have always been paid but the last check in on 13th Oct to 15th Oct I never received the usual notification or payment.  I have never cancelled and scored 4.8 for my hosting.  Airbnb keep saying the same thing 7 days on

That it is being investigated.  Will I get paid

Did you ever get paid?  I am having the same problem!

Donita2
Level 1
Lake Mary, FL

I have been a Superhost for over 1 1/2 years.  I have been very happy with Airbnb, until now.  I had a guest check in on December 27 and check out on January 2, and I have not been paid.  I have sent two or three messages, with a reply they are investigating this and they are sorry.  I finally got furious today.  I have several reservations coming up--other companies are asking me to do business with them and I continue t say no--if Airbnb is not going to pay me-and the guest's credit card would have had to be approved to make the reservation-then I guess I will have to cancel all my reservations and take these other companies up on their offers.  This is bad business!  Did any of you ever get your payments the money owed you by Airbnb?  

Marc6850
Level 1
Bali, ID

Hi guys, same for me. I 'm still today 16/01/20 waiting to be paid 6000 euros for a booking the 23rd december. I have called 5 times so far and talk to a wall, i'm supposed to wait to be contacted by financial team. Nobody tells me what's happening. I'm super host for years but that doesn't change anything.

Crazy. If anybody got some tips, i take them. Till this issue i was very happy with airbnb but this case make me change my feelings a lot, wait and see.

Marc6850
Level 1
Bali, ID

Hi, just an update, i ve been paid around 3 weeks ago. There was a problem with guests credit card. I wish i ve been informed from the beginning about that to avoid freaking out. But all good. Thanks Airbnb.

Elena352
Level 2
San Jose, CA

Airbnb didn't pay me over $3000. They should have paid on Feb 1, and today is Feb 19. I called and they opened a ticket two days ago. Since then - no update. This is horrible, is there anyone from the Airbnb company on this forum who can tell me what's going on? Whenever I have a problem, there is no easy resolution. But holding such a sum for so long - that's enough for a court case.

airbnb is a long time for me
not paying.
Is airbnb sinking?