Airbnb Host Communities

Larry339
Level 10
Brant, Canada

Airbnb Host Communities

Airbnb is working hard to bring more "Airbnb Host Communities" to your local area. They are a community of local Airbnb hosts meeting on private Facebook groups. The hosts are Airbnb host volunteers and membership is restricted to Airbnb hosts. Hosts help one another by sharing favourite tips, tricks, and tools for building a great hospitality business. The goal is to build a community that will bring amazing resources and a home for hosts in your city, making all of us more connected and successful.

The host/moderators are committed to representing the local voice of hosts to Airbnb and passing on important information and updates to empower this community. When a new group is created in your area you will be sent an invitation to join. To check for current groups in your area search on Facebook under groups for "Airbnb Host Communities."

I am a co-host and moderator of the Tri-Cities ON Airbnb Host Community. Feel free to join or search out other groups in your area. All the best to everyone hosting in 2021
11 Replies 11

@Larry339  It's awesome to hear you've had great experiences connecting with other hosts in your area. Keep on keepin' on!

I've been to a couple meetups with other Berlin hosts, and honestly it was incredibly uncomfortable and awkward. I could definitely see why Airbnb stopped hosting them (even before Corona). On the other hand, it was really fun getting drunk with the Airbnb office staff - they tend to be pretty young and high-spirited, whereas many of the German hosts at the meetups reminded me of a boiled cabbage.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

😂😅🤣🤢

@Ute42 !!!!📣📣📣

@Helen350   

Thank's for making me aware of this unbelievable occurance. We Germans remind Andrew of boiled cabbage – wow. I first have to recover from that statement before I can post an appropriate answer to him.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

I'm sure he means the NORTH Germans, @Ute42 , die Preussen! (?) 🤣

@Ute42 Andrew said "most", not all. I'm sure you're excluded 🙂

@Helen350 @Sarah977 

I've never read something like this before in my life.

Thanks so much you created a great  mental picture and made me chuckle. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Larry339 What would be nice is if these groups had an alternative platform to Facebook. Not everyone wants to join Facebook, and personally, I won't.

Thats an excellent point. Except for this group I am not a regular FB user either.

@Larry339 For me, it's not just a matter of only using it for what you find useful. There's a local community Facebook group in my town, nothing to do with hosting, it's where a lot of useful info gets exchanged. But I miss out on that because I refuse to join a platform I have some ethical issues with.

I also object to what it has done to social interaction. Someone will say to me "Hey, you weren't at Xx's party Sat. night." 

"Well, I hadn't heard about it, no one invited me."

"Everyone was invited, it was all over Facebook for a week."

I think if you would like someone to come to your party, it shouldn't be too much trouble to call or text them personally.

And I really dislike the assumption that everyone is on Facebook.

Larry339
Level 10
Brant, Canada

@Sarah977 I agree with your points and I think it stops people joining the local groups. I always appreciate your comments.