Airbnb Host Guarantee Completely Excludes Any Type of Professional Cleaning?

Airbnb Host Guarantee Completely Excludes Any Type of Professional Cleaning?

For nearly 2 months I've been trying to pursue a damage claim on a listing.  I followed all the rules perfectly, complying with timelines and supplying a mass of photo evidence and final invoices.

After some arguing, the Airbnb rep has finally agreed to cover damaged items but is telling me that the Host Guarantee does not cover cleaning of any kind.  I find this a little hard to believe.  The rep keeps referring me to the Host Guarantee Terms, but professional cleaning does not show up anywhere as an exclusion.  In filing a damage claim, the Airbnb site gives me the choice to send the claim directly to the Host Guarantee process, and of the different claim types from the drop-down menu, "professional cleaning" is one of maybe 4 options.  Why would "professional cleaning" be an option if it is excluded?

A guest could easily create thousands of dollars worth of damage that could be wholly or partially repaired with extensive professional cleaning services.  

The way this is being presented to me, if a guest spills a bottle of wine on a couch, Airbnb might agree to pay a lot more to replace the damaged couch, but would refuse to pay a lower amount to have it professionally cleaned and restored. 

Does anyone have experience here?

0 Replies 0