Airbnb Host Guarantee - has anyone actually had a positive experience?

Melanie-And-Verena0
Level 2
Caloundra, Australia

Airbnb Host Guarantee - has anyone actually had a positive experience?

Has anyone had a positive experience via Airbnb's host guarantee program? I.e. damage caused by a guest that had a positive outcome in the hosts favour? 

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you do a search on here and other discussion forums people have reported making successful claims  @Melanie-And-Verena0 

But generally people don’t use forums to report positive experiences.

Are you having an issue making a claim? 

Hi Helen, yes we have just been through a very lengthy process. We had an excess cleaning bill (above the clean fee) of $500 and we also have a painting and repair bill of $1000 for damaged walls that need to be patched and repaired. Neither of which they are covering... Just interesting, and disappointing. The other damaged items I understand they're 'not covered', paintings and artwork. But the outright damage I can't understand.

Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

@Melanie-And-Verena0 I have just been through a drama, and today I had an email confirming that the Host Guarantee will be paid. Total $1400.

I had to submit details, photos, and get some advice; and ultimately I submitted invoices I had paid.

They will pay on the invoices (pay me back for the outlay).

I had to cancel a booking as the place was being repaired, but won't get 'loss of income'.

Keep at it, 

Cheers, Charles

Matt682
Level 9
Hednesford, United Kingdom

I’ve had replacement furniture covered but no loss of earnings or cleaning covered

Richard1830
Level 3
United Kingdom

Yeah. We've had two swift and successful claims for around $200 each.

UK based owner of Florida Holiday Rental
Ann3
Level 10
Savannah, GA

This is not first hand, but my neighbor who also does Airbnb was successful in getting paid after some frat boys on their bachelor weekend trashed her place. She claimed for mattresses, bedding, carpeting in one bedroom, glassware and repair of a sink in the powder room that was ripped off the wall. They also paid her to repaint one bedroom and replace other items that were ruined/broken. I think the total bill came to about $4000. She tried to claim for loss of use, too, but that didn't go through. It took months to get her money.

Claiming through the Resolution Center is a lot faster, but they'll only pay through the amount of the "deposit."