Airbnb Host Wrong Accusations

Volodymyr3
Level 2
New York, United States

Airbnb Host Wrong Accusations

Dear Hosts and Tenants in Airbnb community.

I've noticed many tenants in Discussion Rooms have been accused by Hosts of something Tenants had not done - damages to property, stealing, etc. 

I happen to be in a similar situation most recently. My Host, after checking me out IN PERSON, after I showed him everything was in order, two days later sent me an sms requesting $150 to replace TV, which allegedly had a cracked screen. And that crack was identified by the NEXT TENANT. 

Of course I did not do any damage to that TV, but Airbnb resolution was in Host's favor, and they claimed $105 "compensation". 

I informed PayPal and my credit card service desks NOT TO PROCEED WITH PAYMENT. 

I also noticed that Airbnb is not that user friendly to Tenants in terms of reviewing. We have 14 days to review the Host. I was waiting resolution of this case, and on the 14th day I was already denied review!... Talking to Airbnb service desk was useless, they could do nothing (both Agent and her Supervisor) as they don't have proper IT support who could "tweak" the system to allow me to use my right for review... 

My proposal is - to create a list of such hosts (call it "red" or "black" or "gray"). 

I will start it - the Host was NETANEL CAMISA, from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States. 

People, don't trust this host. 

1 Reply 1

@Volodymyr3 your story does not make sense to me.

You say that Airbnb ruled in the host's favor due to a crack in the TV found by the next tenant.

When making a claim:

"Hosts must submit their request either 14 days from the guest’s check out, or before the next guest checks in, whichever is earlier."

https://www.airbnb.com/guarantee

So how could the host make a claim on you when clearly the next guest has checked in already?