Airbnb Hosts in Philippines

Kyle320
Level 2
Caloocan, PH

Airbnb Hosts in Philippines

I am considering to put my condo for rent in Quezon City near SM North Edsa and Trinoma.  And i was wondering,

1. ) Is it more profitable to put your place for rent in AirBnb rather than a monthly/yearly basis of rent?

2.) How much do you charge in Airbnb (nightly rate)? and how much can you charge if you rent it out on a monthly/yearly contract?

3.) What is your occupancy rate and where is your place located?

2 Replies 2
John_Alison0
Level 2
Napier, New Zealand

1. Depends on what rent you could get versus AirBnB nightly rate  and occupancy rate . . So far, for me, AirBnB is proving more profitable - but ALOT more work than a rental

2.  My nightly rate varies between NZ$150 and NZ$800 per night. Would get $550 per month as a rental.

3. Occupancy rate (so far) is 60%. I’m located in beautiful NAPIER, New Zealand 

Kat84
Level 10
San Pedro, Philippines

Hi!

Compare oranges to oranges and apples to apples. Of course, Airbnb is more profitable, but it's not passive income. It's hard work, daily, time consuming and with a lot of stress. 

There is something that hosts in other countries do not know about Philippine realities. The long term tenant can stay in your place for 3 years for free and there not much you can do about it. So, Airbnb is super safe and super preferable!

What hosts do make in other countries can over excite you and then put you into big tears. What hosts can make per day in some countries, that what we make per month in Philippines.

Disregard occupancy rates. In QC near SM you can easily reach 100% occupancy (after few months, need to establish Airbnb account first), but at what rate? For minimal rate and with proper planning, yes, it will be occupied. 20+ million people in Manila and QC SM is good place.