Airbnb Integrity

Vincent-Kerzman0
Level 2
Salt Lake City, UT

Airbnb Integrity

I like Airbnb's concept and the creativity that you offer. However, I am not a fan of the lack of rate and listing integrity that the other homeowners offer. I have no intention of lowering my rates to get clients, nor will I list my property like my neighbors. (Capitol Hill Tudor). My listing is (De Soto Tudor on Capitol Hill and was listed many months prior to my neighbor’s property). Not only that, but some of the pictures are completely the same that I have on my website. Our houses are identical, and you let them create a similar image to our property. This house is two doors down from us. Their listing is almost identical by the names, pictures and rates. So, if you would like for me to delete my property from Airbnb, I would be glad to do that.

However, my average rate that I am getting on the other booking sites is $ 125.00 per night and our reviews are outstanding.  It would be nice to see Airbnb create some sort of integrity that would not allow this to happen. I also wish Airbnb would establish some sort of ability to offer multiple rates, that would allow us to offer additional rates on the website, like the other websites.  This allows me the opportunity to attract corporate clientele, which would also increase your revenue.

This winter we are offering Vegan Cooking Classes and would like to promote them on Airbnb’s site. However, it is going to be difficult for me to this with a property that is down the street from my house that has the similar name and looks on the website.

Just a little background, I was in Hotel Business for 30 years, so this is not my first rodeo. I was very successful in the business and will do the same in my own business.  If you feel inclined to search for our reviews, please do.  – DeSoto Tudor on Capitol Hill - we are in Salt Lake City!

My suggestion for you, would to create a group of Airbnb owners to develop an advisory board in each of the cities that Airbnb’s are located, based on the level of the property and location.

Thank you

Vincent

Vincent Kerzman

Managing Director

Tudor Hospitality

1 Reply 1
Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

These are community pages and not Airbnb as you probably think it is?

If you have ideas the community and Airbnb should see, post it at this place: 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/idb-p/host-voice