Airbnb Misinterpreted/Flawed Rating System

YWCA-Westfield0
Level 1
Westfield, NY

Airbnb Misinterpreted/Flawed Rating System

The Airbnb rating system is not clear enough for some guests as to what the guest is supposed to be rating.  Here is an example of what we find ourselves up against with our guests' feedback:

To Brett:

Thank you for choosing the YWCA for your stay. Please let us know what we could do to turn your 4 star experience into a 5 star experience. We always appreciate the feedback!

Brett's Response:

Please don't take your 4 star rating wrong. You guys do a very good job. But if staying with you is a 5 star then what rating does a truly wonderful, waterside, resort with excellent service and a paradise like setting rate? There is nothing wrong with the lodging you offer and how you present it but I reserve 5 stars for the truly memorable experiences. Brett 

To which I replied:

We do not ask that you rate our accommodations in comparison to that of a $300 a night lodging on the cliff of paradise.  I submit to you that Airbnb asks that you rate us as to whether we have met your expectations for the accommodations as described in our listing for the $50 a night lodging, in the upstairs of the YWCA in the small town of Westfield.

With this mentality, we are destined for a life-time of mediocrate as we will never be the "truly wonderful, waterside, resort with excellent service and a paradise-like setting".  

0 Replies 0