Airbnb Mobile app - Performance Tab

Jack1443
Level 3
Virginia, United States

Airbnb Mobile app - Performance Tab

Did something change with the performance tab in airbnb mobile app?

It used to show Earnings, Reviews  and the number of views the listing gets and other stuff. We were able to drill down to seeing the monthly earnings.

Now these are gone and they show Booking value in the last 30 days/year which is of no value to me. Quality section is not host friendly too.

Is there a way to get to the old version? I did not upgrade the mobile app. My version is 20.22.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

21 Replies 21
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Addie70 

I wouldn't expect it Addie,

Once upon a time the Airbnb program used to be great. That is what attracted me and so many other users to it. There was lots of useful tips, shortcuts and plenty of information, it was easy to navigate around, pages were well thought out and it was head and shoulders above the other platforms user programs. It had been well put together!

But every year the company finds ways to cut down user functionality. Since 2015 I have not seen one improvement in usability from a hosts point of view........ but by God, every few months I see or find out the hard way that something further, that did work and help, has been taken away.

We used to see on what days of the previous month what views we had and when bookings were made.

You might say this was a bit of useless information but it enabled us to plot booking trends, an important thing when using other booking methods. This is how Views looked back in 2018.

Views re bookings b.png

This is how it looks now.....

views 4.png

The message stream used to include the relevant month's booking calendar so we didn't have to swap between screens to coordinate bookings.....

Message page.png

This is how the ratings page used to look back in 2019......

Current ratings.png

You could quickly access all your past hosting history not just overall but for each rate-able category.

This is about as close to it as you get now....

current ratings 2021.png

We got to see a guests photo and past history, even for a simple reservation enquiry.....

Guest past reviews.png

Every aspect of the platform program has been cut down. 

What the company are trying to do is dumb us down to the point where we have no options left except to accept guests at company pricing! Maybe the company have some rationale.....simplification of the program leads to programming savings, who knows!

Addie, you are right it is frustrating but we just have to work around these changes as they come along.

Airbnb are not the host friendly company they used to be.

Cheers........Rob

David595
Level 3
Portland, OR

Sometime relatively close to the beginning of the pandemic, Airbnb made a change to the smartphone app. Previously, under the “Performance,” tab, there was an easy-to-read bar chart showing income, both past, present and anticipated future, based on current bookings. It’s the same bar chart that you can still see using a laptop. In an updated version of the app, this most essential tool was removed. But this removal is unconscionable to me as a business owner. The single most important piece of information I need at any given time is the amount of income coming in. It’s still possible to determine this using another part of the app, but doing so is tremendously unwieldy, and requires the use of a separate calculator or a pencil and paper to manually add up the deposits. It’s essentially impossible to do at a glance. It is tremendously aggravating to be subjected to such a huge downgrade in the level of service offered on the app. They removed the single most important informational section from the smartphone app, making it significantly more difficult to manage my business using my most commonly used device. It is unbelievable that they would take away something so essential! I have complained several times, and spoken to people who seem to think I’m just a crackpot. But it remains a frustration every time I look at the “performance” section, which is now full of data that is utterly irrelevant to me. Please restore the income bar charts. After the guest communications functions, these were by far the MOST ESSENTIAL INFORMATIONAL tools  provided by Airbnb. 

@David595 

I FINALLY SOLVED THIS ISSUE!!!

PLEASE READ AND SHARE FOR OTHERS!!!

In order to go back to see the Income under the Performance Tab, you must do the following:

1.  Go to your Airbnb "Account" tab in a PC

2.  Go to Professional Hosting Tools

3.  Go to "Manage"

4.  TURN OFF Professional Hosting Tools

After you turn off the Professional Hosting tools you will see your income under the performance tab on the Airbnb mobile app as it was on previous versions.

YOUR WELCOME GUYS!!!

Assume this turns off all professional and disabled your team of you have one? 

Elaine317
Level 2
Guiseley, United Kingdom

This is what happens if you do that

Screenshot_20220227_090440_com.airbnb.android.jpg

It worked!!! I’m sooooooo happy to have it back to “normal” and show my income each month. Thank you!!!!

You're not a crackpot, its extremely frustrating. What on earth were they thinking!