Airbnb No Longer Supporting Google Voice Numbers

Anchor-Rentals0
Level 3
Nashville, TN

Airbnb No Longer Supporting Google Voice Numbers

Airbnb is no longer supporting Google Voice numbers. We used to have our Google Voice number on our account but now it won't let us verify the number or put it on our account at all. We've talked with three Airbnb Support people who have all talked with the technical team, and the technical team has officially confirmed they no longer support Google Voice numbers. We are extremely displeased with this.
Right now, when guests call my personal cell phone number I have no way of knowing if it is a personal call or a work call. It confuses guests when I answer and just say "Hello" instead of "Anchor Rentals, this is Hannah". Additionally, my Google Voice number is connected to both my phone and the other host of this property's phone so it allowed both of us to receive/field calls from guests which doubled the likelihood of the guests being able to reach someone exactly when they need someone. It made a huge difference for us and allowed us to better serve our guests.
Having our Google Number on the account allowed us to run our property much more professionally and promptly for our guests.

Surely we can't be the only ones upset that we can't use our Google Voice number??

18 Replies 18
Tyler431
Level 2
Portland, OR

Same problem here. I eventually called so often about the problem that I got an agent that made the mistake of adding my burner number, which I only use to protect my digital footprint. I would suggest doing the same and maybe you will get lucky. Airbnb does not care about the people behind the platform.

Anchor-Rentals0
Level 3
Nashville, TN

@Airbnb It would mean a lot to a lot of your hosts if you guys could start supporting these numbers. We have been using this type of phone number for our business for calls and texts for 7 years and have NEVER had any issues. I don't know why Airbnb would have any issues if no one else is having any.

We use this number for Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel Tonight, VRBO, and every single website we use for our business. Airbnb is the ONLY site that does not allow them. You can even use Google Voice numbers for your bank and any other site with high security. 

It is very frustrating that this has never been fixed. 😞 It causes us to provide poor customer service to our guests because we have to put one employees personal cell phone on the account and sometimes that employee is not working or is out of town so they can't answer. 

This just needs to be fixed!!!!! Pleaseeeee consider this Airbnb!!!! 

@Anchor-Rentals0 I was somehow able to use my google voice number tonight when updating my account. Maybe they fixed it? Or maybe it is just a fluke. But either way, I got my number verified on my account now.

Platt0
Level 1
Edgartown, MA

Agreed - We need a phone number to hunt for an available manager. I had a Verizon number which worked fin. I then moved it to Kall8 and their system could not use the proper codes and so Airbnb will not allow it to be added.