Airbnb Plus 500.00 incentive to upgrade decorations is a huge disappointment

Linda201
Level 2
Temecula, CA

Airbnb Plus 500.00 incentive to upgrade decorations is a huge disappointment

I recently was invited to upgrade to Airbnb Plus.  I was very excited about upgrading but the entire experience has been very disappointing.  After the initial inspection, I received a notice saying Airbnb was giving me 500.00 to purchase additional decorative items for my listing as long as I made the fixes by Jul. 15.  I did make the changes and spent a lot of money on additional decorator items, a new bedspread and pillows, etc.  I then received an email saying I was getting the 500.00 and they were sending it to my payout method.  The money was not deposited and when I inquired about it, the Airbnb Plus team said oh, you have to make more fixes and to upload photos.  There was no way to upload additional photos. It took Airbnb Plus five day to get back to me which was OF COURSE past the July 15 cutoff time. So guess what - no 500.00.  I am so annoyed I am no longer going to do Airbnb Plus and I told them that and they didn't even respond - instead they approved my fixes and want to send a photographer out.  The response time from the Airbnb Plus team is terrible. Anyone else have the same experience?

6 Replies 6
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Linda201  I've read so many stories on this forum about problems with Airbnb Plus that when I was invited I didn't even respond.  Search and you'll find many hosts with frustrations like yours.  What a massive annoyance!

Airbnb seems intent on treating Airbnb Plus listings as if they were their own real estate, but without the costs and responsibilities that come attached to that. I would avoid it at all costs.

Nikolai12
Level 3
Westminster, CO

I don’t know what Airbnb plus is but I think hosts don’t get treated right disregarding what category you’re  in. 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

Just a comment on how interesting it is that airbnb will nickel and dime hosts on damages, refuse to charge the guests for extra cleaning costs, and generally do everything in their power to minimize any compensation a host can get....and here they are giving away $500 for new decor. 

I guess we regular ole no frills hosts know exactly how airbnb feels about us.

@Mark116 Haha, so true. I wonder . . . if a guest ruined $500 worth of throw pillows in a Plus listing would Airbnb pay up to replace them? They are clearly essential. 😕

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

It's a sorry reflection on Airbnb Plus that they've had to go from charging $149 for the "privilege" of signing up, to bribing hosts with $500 incentives to lure them onboard. What an embarrassment.