Airbnb Plus - photo problem

Azzuri0
Level 5
Ubud, Indonesia

Airbnb Plus - photo problem

Airbnb plus accepted me, photos were taken, I can already see how my plus listing  will look when it is active in Bali, most photos are nice but my problem is that the main photo they choose that will be the thumbnail  photo in the search is the worst one, you can actually see a house in construction on it in behind, it just looks horrible, I also have many beautiful photos of sunset from the terrace, drone shots, etc and it will all be gone soon, is there a way to add them?

I sent an email to airbnb plus team but still no reply from them, was anyone able to edit their photos when on airbnb plus?

27 Replies 27
Angie10
Level 2
California, United States

I have the same issue--they choose the least interesting photo (of my couch??!!). How do we change this...

amanda10

I also am having problems with Air bnb plus not accepting images that are superior to the ones taken by them! I'm a professional interior & lifestyle photographer with 25 yrs experience & now I'm expected to relinquish control of the imagery used to advertise my listing! 

Very frustraiting, I dont think I will go ahead with the plus listing. Seems we will be penalised on the site for wanting that bit of control of what is a very important part of the experience.

I would love to hear from anyone with any ideas as to how to overcome these problems?

cheers

Louise

Francy7
Level 2
Sir Lowry's Pass, South Africa

On the basis of the comments on Air B N B Plus photograpy problems , we cancelled our visit and photography as our exterior evening atmospheric photos taken by my Architect husband with  a professional camera , we still had $199 deducted from monies paid out  despite cancelling 2 days after scheduling a visit - 2 weeks before any visit. In our opinion this is tantamount to THEFT -  should have read the fineprint - I expected better of Air B N B and will look towards another platform after this .

Cheers

Francy

@Francy7  The fee is non-refundable. 

What should I know about the Airbnb Plus application fee?

When you schedule an Airbnb Plus home visit, you’ll be charged a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $149. This helps cover the in-person home visit and a personalized report on ways to get your listing ready for the program. Terms and conditions apply. If you need to cancel your home visit, the fee won’t be refunded.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2203/what-should-i-know-about-the-airbnb-plus-application-fee?ib...

Plus photographers are a joke. They couldn't even do yearbook photos for a daycare. 

Pam206
Level 3
California, United States

I was approached by Airbnb to have both of my listings put on the Plus program.  I received the photos today and am completely disappointed with them.  They are far inferior in quality to the ones I paid a professional photographer to take a couple of months ago and I don't feel the Plus photos represent my properties nearly as well.  They completely overlooked the fact that I have a washer/dryer in one of the units.  I see no way to mention I offer either twin or queen air mattress nor a Pack n Play.  The photo they did of one of my roof decks was ghastly as were two of the bedroom shots.  Also, as someone else mentioned, the cover photo they chose is not something I would have chosen in a million years.  I'm totally booked out now and get 40% of my reservations from Airbnb.  I really don't see how this program is going to help my reservations. I feel it will only hurt.  I'm so very annoyed right now.

Sarah785
Level 3
Salcombe, United Kingdom

Do you not have control over moving the photos into the order you would like anymore?

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Sarah785,

As far as I know: Once your listing has been turned into a Plus listing. You will not have much control of the listing anymore. Certainly not in choosing, adding, removing or moving the photos.

So think twice, before you start this Plus adventure!

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Azzuri0@Pam206@Louise364@Angie10,

Personally, I think the whole Plus program is still pretty much immature.

Initially, I was pretty excited about it. But the more I think about it, the less enthusiastic I do become.

Okay, the look pretty nice. But: Only a couple photos, hardly any text in these listings, lack of control on your listing, and last but not least, it would even make our listing illegitimate (because of the omission of our license number).

On top of that: The Plus listings seem to load very slowly (for some reason).

Furthermore, I have my sincere doubts, whether it will bring us the benefits, we hope for.

Also the roll-out seems to be very slow and a cumbersome process (at least for now).

As all of you are describing.

When the program, hits ‘our’ region (supposed to be later this year). I will keep a very close eye on how our competition will be onboarding this program.

I will not go through this exercise, just to see my page-views doubling. And to take some pride in the fact, that we’re a Plus-listing host?

i do wonder why the plus listings are so utterly different in format and layout that it almost feels like a competitor platform.

It also starts to feel like Airbnb is encouraging hosts to pay them to get more business over other hosts. Even uber has not gone that far yet...

Andrew757
Level 4
Cape Town, South Africa

Anyone manage to have the Photo order changed to your preference?

Bella-and-Eddie0
Level 2
Kuta, Indonesia

Hi Azzuri, This is your friends Eddie and Bella in Seminyak,  I am an airbnb plus host as well and am having problems with my photo selections and order. I contacted customer service and asked why, is it my app, online or a problem inherent in the plus system? they were completly un helpful and suggested that I do exactly what I told them I had already tried. Then I came accross your post here and realize we are in the same possision.

I hope they fix this glitch,because  my exterior is what should be featured as its the most impresive thing about my villa. As you know very few Bali villas have a good deal of outdoor space, and that is my selling point.

Just a coincidece we happen to talk today on a totally unrelated subject. Keep up the good work, see you soon.

@Bella-and-Eddie0  It's not a glitch, you can not change the description or photo's in the Plus program. That's just the way it works you lose all control over your listing it's what they want and what they say period. 

Azzuri0
Level 5
Ubud, Indonesia

Hi Eddie  and Bella, Airbnb did eventually change the main photo, but it wasn't with the one I wanted,  they said they have some guidelines for photos they have to follow.