Airbnb Romance

Lynne2
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Airbnb Romance

This afternoon I received the following post in my message in-box:

Hi Lynne,
I hope you are well! I don’t think you would remember me but I was a guest at your home in July of last year (I’m from Canada, we had tea upstairs you were kind enough to get me in touch with your son’s friend who is a winemaker and I went for a personal tour). Well, that day ended up changing my life and it wouldn’t have happened without your recommendation. The winemaker advised me on another winefarm to visit for lunch (Rust en Vrede) and I followed through. It was there that I met my partner (South African but now lives in Amsterdam). We have been together ever since and have travelled multiple times back to SA and bought a second home there in Gordons Bay on Harbour Island. I now have been living in Amsterdam full time with him and with residency. I thought about you multiple times since I met my partner and it truly changed my life. I just wanted to let you know that you are well thought of many miles away 🙂 life is indeed unpredictable! So, thanks for the hook up 🙂  

(I've withheld the lady's name)

You just never know when the small gesture has a profound impact!

17 Replies 17
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Lynne2  That was really nice of her to let you know. It's an upbeat story for a change ;D 

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

That is so sweet!

We have one Windmill House baby. They send me pictures of this now-3 month old girl regularly.

Noel63
Level 10
Coober Pedy, Australia

Good to hear such a nice story.

Lana15
Level 4
Cannon Rocks, South Africa

Àhh Lynne

What a feelgood moment. Wow. !

We also received a sonar scan pic  last year with the only words."

Rewind 4monthstoday. Stille Waters  and lots of fresh air. "

And then later a precious pic of a baby photoshopped into a sunset taken from the viewing deck. 

Lynne, the fact that we share our houses with strangers is actually life changing in every sense of the word. 

Hope you get invited  to the wedding in Amsterdam !keep us posted

Lynne2
Level 10

Now that would be something!

Natasha45
Level 7
Athens, GA

@Lynne2 Love the story! Had an engagement here at my Airbnb! The gal staying out there texted me when it happened.

I happened to have champagne from my sister’s Engagement party - I ran it out there to them! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww what a lovely thing to read @Lynne2. It is so nice that your guest wrote to you to let you know, it's amazing that this person will always think of you. 

Thank you so much for sharing here in the Community Center. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Edy1
Level 2
Thompson's Station, TN

Lovely story, thank you for sharing!

Tueykay0
Level 10
Santa Monica, CA

@Lynne2

I love Love Stories. Thank you for brightening up my day! 

Blessings to you and your home!

Lynne2
Level 10

Thank you @Tueykay0!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

That's so sweet.

Now can the mainstream media internationally ensure Airbnb stories like this fly high?

They would produce Headline like this 

Why Airbnb is the new Tinder - Buzzfeed would make a bullet list of it 🙂

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Amazing love story @Lynne2❤️

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Wow!! How lovely...