Airbnb Romance

Lynne2
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Airbnb Romance

This afternoon I received the following post in my message in-box:

Hi Lynne,
I hope you are well! I don’t think you would remember me but I was a guest at your home in July of last year (I’m from Canada, we had tea upstairs you were kind enough to get me in touch with your son’s friend who is a winemaker and I went for a personal tour). Well, that day ended up changing my life and it wouldn’t have happened without your recommendation. The winemaker advised me on another winefarm to visit for lunch (Rust en Vrede) and I followed through. It was there that I met my partner (South African but now lives in Amsterdam). We have been together ever since and have travelled multiple times back to SA and bought a second home there in Gordons Bay on Harbour Island. I now have been living in Amsterdam full time with him and with residency. I thought about you multiple times since I met my partner and it truly changed my life. I just wanted to let you know that you are well thought of many miles away 🙂 life is indeed unpredictable! So, thanks for the hook up 🙂  

(I've withheld the lady's name)

You just never know when the small gesture has a profound impact!

17 Replies 17
Sally379
Level 2
Frome, United Kingdom

What a lovely hosting story! I've just started and am thrilled at all the great people I'm meeting. So far I've had visitors from Colombia (working in London), the US and South Africa, in less than one month of starting. I'm inspired by your tale, thank you. Sally

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is lovely to hear @Sally379. Good luck with your hosting journey. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sally379
Level 2
Frome, United Kingdom

Thanks, Lizzie. Am currently enjoying compiling my guidebook!