I am trying desperately to at least pay part of my mortgage. I had an offer from someone to stay three months except they want ME to pay the $630 service fee that Airbnb is charging above my fee. Airbnb wants US to step up for our community? What is Airbnb doing for us? Please speak up for all of us getting gouged by Airbnb. I know that tax laws in my province and they are not $630. Please speak up so we can put an end to Airbnb gouging. Thank you!
@Samantha693 I know what you mean, but the truth is they have always charged outrages amounts for longer stays, last summer they were going to charge almost a $1000 fee for a 3 month stay. (including what they charged us) It wasnt a surprise when the guest went a different route. That seems like an awful lot of money to charge someone just to be a source to renting a house. You would think since they are not doing anything more for a 3 month stay than they do a 3 day stay they would cut a break for longer stays.
@Samantha693 I hear you and understand your frustration!
Especially in light of what just happened in March, it's easy to feel abandoned by the platform.
Let me just offer an answer to your question: what is ABB doing for you?
- Advertising your property on google, FB, instagram, gmail, all platforms... this is expensive they spend a huge budget and if you ever reserved as a guest you will see the bombardment of ads is colossal and that is also why we get bookings.
- Client support for everthing from technical problems to problem guest to legal issues. Many complain about this but in my experience as a superhost I have always been very well supported and appreciated by the support staff.
- Technical develpments, APP that works, website that works, etc...
- Managing payments - if you have to do this yourself.... try a few times, you'll see the value added + price if you have guests from abroad with different currency, paypal is MORE expensive than ABB fees!
- Third party - despite many scams on all platforms, true criminals do tend to avoid large platforms and attack hosts directly so you are a little bit protected by using the system.
IMHO it's worth the 693 euros. Until they refund your guest without asking you anything.
Best wishes take care!