Airbnb Superhost $100 Travel Coupon EXCHANGE

Julie1484
Level 2
Prague, Czechia

Airbnb Superhost $100 Travel Coupon EXCHANGE

I received a 100 USD travel coupon for being a Superhost last year but because of the current unfortunate situation with the COVID virus I won’t be able to travel and therefore redeem it. I am looking for someone with the same situation who would like to exchange these coupons with me - meaning we would book each other's listings for one night when they are not booked by guests and redeem the coupons this way while at the same time getting most of the coupon money back from the reservation. 

Please let me know, my coupon expires on July 1, 2020.

27 Replies 27
Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

wow why has someone not thought of this before?! I've wasted at least three $100 vouchers because I don't use airbnb as a guest. 

Also, couldn't a host with a voucher just book a night anywhere for $100 and then request a refund due to the corona virus? 

@Donald28 

Not sure about Airbnb vouchers but in Korea, when I pay for something and use a voucher/coupon, the value of the voucher is not included in the refund (only what I paid in cash or charged to my debit/credit card) and the voucher/coupon is not reinstated - it just disappears. 

On one occasion I realized I couldn't travel before the expiry date and discussed with the host and agreed to book with a tentative date and then use it as and when I could actually travel. It worked pretty simple.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Find a 'friend' who's got an Airbnb, get them to send you a special offer (under $100 incl. fees) and it's a done deal (allegedly). 

Em38
Level 1
Seattle, WA

This is all upsetting. I just started a new post in the forum because what Airbnb is knowingly doing is unethical:

"A number of Superhosts have travel coupons set to expire on July 1, 2020. Airbnb is refusing to extend the expiration date or offer a new coupon and instead  is "encouraging" Superhosts to travel. In some cases, such as mine, this would go against state orders. In nearly all cases, this forces Superhosts to make a choice  between getting to use the coupon they earned and ensuring their personal safety. Both cases are unethical. I have heard from someone in the main office that the reason Airbnb is doing this is so that they can reabsorb that money. If you cannot travel and/or do not feel safe, at least support another host, perhaps a stranger, and book a stay even if you won't actually stay. Don't let Airbnb take advantage of its Superhosts!

@Em38 Yes exactly, this is actually why I started this discussion and I’m so glad there have been so many responses here from other superhosts with the same opinion on this issue ready to react to the current situation and help each other out

I was not able to use my voucher due to travel restrictions, and now it has expired . I agree ,we need some feed back from Airbnb on why they won't extend the deadline.

You are still interested with the code?

I gotta say @Em38 , your absolutely correct.  My guess is they are trying to stop the bleeding themselves and would rather de-encumber a few million $$$ if they can.  I lost allot of money along with tons of other hosts based on"EC"  I was even a supporter of the idea because Covid 19 is the epitome of an extenuating circumstance.   It would seem Airbnb should extend the same EC courtesy to the hosts that are the lifeblood of the org.    I hope they extend the coupon, it will fit nicely with the one I received this morning for a second full year in a row as Superhot!   Wahoo!  Stay well, JR

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Em38 et al,

We have extended the expiration date on the superhost vouchers, more details here:

July 2019 issuance --> Coupons will expire
Oct 2019 issuance --> new expiration Apr 1 2021
Jan 2020 issuance --> new expiration Apr 1 2021
Apr 2020 issuance --> Expire Apr 1 2021

(These Superhosts will get an email to inform them that they can redeem these upgraded coupons on Experiences now too!)

.For those who have chosen pro photography in the past and aren’t able to get the service (due to COVID), we will reissue them new coupons with an Apr 1 2021 expiration date.

Let me know if you need anything else,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Gordon0  Has the answer (allegedly). 
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Airbnb-Superhost-100-Travel-Coupon-EXCHANGE/m-p/1272673/...

On the Special Offers tab the amount charged to the guest can be seen including service fees. Saw this recently on a special offer I needed to send.

Olive612
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

You still interested? 

Susan1000
Level 2
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

I just received mine today and extended till the end of the year. Unfortunately since this is my first time, I don't know how this works. Hope somebody can guide me on how I can spend this bonus. thank you very much