Airbnb Updates to Review System

Airbnb Updates to Review System

Has any hosts traveled and seen these changes to the review system?   Has anyone noticed a difference?

Airbnb posted on March 5 that there were changes to the review system to flag one off reviews & adjusted the location question to show the accuracy of the location description vs location itself.

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/making-reviews-more-fair-for-hosts-93

Thanks!!

1 Reply 1
Joy67
Level 3
New York, United States

Yiwei3 thank you for that link. In June I had a guest that gave me 5 stars in all categories(Accuracy, Cleanliness, Communication, Location and Value) however the overall rating was a 4 star.  This confused me to no end, Why would it be necessary after the guest complete his/her rating on the categories to ask if he/she is sure that is what they want. In reading Airbnb "making reviews more fair..." airbnb tags on the host who receives middle scoring of each category and a low overall rating. 

While it may help those particular hosts, it hurts host who receives 5 stars and a 4 overall rating. I am not seeing how that is a fair review for all hosts.