Airbnb Windows 10 Mobile App

Grgo0
Level 3
Split, Croatia

Airbnb Windows 10 Mobile App

I was just wondering are there any plans in making a Windows 10 Mobile app?

More exactly, the development for it shouldn't be expensive or long and it can be made as a Windows 10 app at the same time so I really don't see why it shouldn't be made, other than promoting moving to other OS platforms like Android and iOS.

Is there any particular reason why airbnb keeps avoiding this platform?

16 Replies 16
Alistair2
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Yes AIRBnB, please can we have an app for a window phone.

Alistair - London

Giuliana13
Level 2
La Spezia, Italy

Can you solve the problem for all those without android? Should not be so difficult t have Arbnb app for W10!

Giuliana

Dan59
Level 1
Birmingham, United Kingdom

I'd like to second this. The website won't keep me signed in, the mobile site doesn't quite cut it, and recieving notifications via SMS is far from ideal. It's not 1997! Would love to be able to manage on a Windows 10 app across my tablet and phone.

Josephine9
Level 2
Filey, United Kingdom

I have not been getting any notifications on my e mails system for at least three weeks, and now they have stopped coming on the phone as well.  I know I am getting queries bccause I can go to the airbnb website and find them there.   This is all very difficult and I am getting no help from talktalk (my provider) or airbnb. They both send me round in circles .  Can anybody out there suggest anything.?

thanks

josephine (UK)

There is NO rational reason for airbnb to choose to ignore 50 million potential customers, the cost is not that great.  While a Windows 10 UWP would be great (allowing use on all form factors; phone, tablet, desktop, gamestation), there is still a large contingent of Windows 8.x users, so it might make best business sense to port their app for Windows Phone 8 (and the Windows 10 mobile customers could still utilize it).  I know that all of my family members, all of my employees, and the 20 or so of my friends who use Windows phones would certainly appreciate support from airbnb.

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

Windows 10 market share is less than 1% so it doesn't make sense for developers to target that platform. Microsoft seems to be porting all their apps to Android and iOS as they wind down the Windows mobile ecosystem realize that it can't be saved at this point.

http://www.cnet.com/news/windows-phone-market-share-falls-below-one-percent/

Samanthe0
Level 1
Mountlake Terrace, WA

I AGREE! Rather odd to overlook (and/or hinder) this huge segment of users
Λαμπρινος0
Level 1
Rethimno, Greece

I belong to the 1%.
I think that this problem will be fixed easier by Microsoft in order that their clients don't feel a lonely minority.
Maybe we could start the same conversation there.
Just a thought...
Cameron19
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

I agree! Discussions about the low market penetration of Windows 10 Mobile (less than 1% - is that just in the US or worldwide?) are meaningless. There are over 400million Windows 10 users and a Windows 10 app would be welcomed by them.

PLEASE, please make a Windows 10 app! Surely airbnb wants to appeal to the widest number of users, and my guess is that it is not hard to make a Windows app after going through the hassle of making one for Android and ios. Heck, Microsoft even have tools to help port those apps to Windows.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Cameron19,

Lovely to meet you. 

I just wanted to let you know about Host Voice which is a community crowd sourced tool here in the Community Center. It enables hosts to submit ideas for new features, enhancements and your fellow community members can comment and give the idea thumbs up. The most popular ideas will then be shown to Airbnb's Product Team. I thought you might like to submit your idea to have a Windows mobile app there?

Worth taking a look! 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Miklos1
Level 1
Qormi, Malta

It's been over a year since the first announcment AIRBNB and half a year since you responded to twitter that it's still in the pipeline. Windows 10 market share is increasing now and Project Islandwood as well can be of help

Jeremy109
Level 1
Farnborough, United Kingdom

Is there anyone at Airbnb that is going to reply?

Or is it s case of ignoring such a large segment of potential business?

Looking for airbnb app for Windows 10 phone. All I can find is questions?????

We are an airbnb. My wife has an android. I have a Windows 10 phone. I work from home ( in my wood shop) and have to rely on my wife (who shouldn't be on her phone at work) to update me on customer status. (We have instabook). How can I get updates (heads up) when we have someone comming to stay???? I have been trying to figure put if i can go through my email, facebook, or some other work around. I really need to no when I need to remake beds!!!!

Joshua86
Level 1
Cancún, Mexico

I agree, there should be an Airbnb app for WP 10. As I travel all over the world I would like to search and be able to book using my Windows Phone 10 instead of my web browser or laptop. An app would be ideal. Please let your dev team know that there are people interested in having this feature for WP 10.